Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boranjmmt Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2009, 04:04 PM
    Kenmore ice maker overflowing
    I have a kenmore refrigerator whose ice maker stopped working. There was no water getting past the solenoid so I replaced it. Now I have water to the ice maker but it won't shut off. I had a freezer full of ice water (not ice cubes) so I turned off the water. Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Bob
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 30, 2009, 05:23 PM
    Make sure that the new water valve you installed is not leaking when not activated by the ice maker circuit.

Feb 3, 2009, 11:06 AM
    Thanks. I turned water back on and saw no leaks. Water is cycling into tray but doesn't freeze. Do I need a new ice maker?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 3, 2009, 11:30 AM
    It takes a while for the ice maker to freeze to make ice. If the icemaker is short cycling and not making ice the thermostat in the icemaker itself is probably defective and that means it is new ice make time. Now if the freezer is not keeping items frozen then the ice make will not work properly to start with so make sure the freezer is down to the proper temperature before replacing the ice maker.

Feb 4, 2009, 08:29 AM
    Thank you. That is very helpful information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore washer overflowing? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Does anyone have and he why my washing machine and flowing when it first starts to fill up?

Kenmore Washer overflowing [ 2 Answers ]

We have a Kenmore Washer Model#100 20692 001. When filling with water, the cycle starts at the appropriate level of water but the water continues to flow into the machine. Where can the water sensor be located or what else could I do to correct this problem? Thanking you in advance for your...

Kenmore Elite Washer (overflowing right before drain cycle) [ 3 Answers ]

HELP!! I will start by giving my units model number which is 11020942992 , It is a Kenmore Elite Washer, I think around 5 years old. Here is the problem. I turn the timer to the proper spot so that the unit fills with my detergent in of course, it agitates the clothes for 12 minutes or so,...

Kenmore HD Washer overflowing [ 1 Answers ]

I have taken the thing apart several times, the solenoids seem to be working on both the hot and cold sides, and the timer advances 90% of the time. The only time the timer advances is when the tub is filling; it just overflows. Is this the fill switch? I took off the rubber hose and tried...

View more questions Search