Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaybirdjones Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2009, 02:58 PM
    Can I file IRS 1096 and 1099 printed on blank paper
    I need to file with IRS one form 1099 for 2008 with form 1096. May I print these forms on white paper or must I print use the preprinted "red" scannable forms?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 2, 2009, 10:03 AM
    You MUST use the preprinted "red" scannable forms, which can be gotten from your local IRS office or purchased at a office supply store like Office Depot or Staples.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

F1(W2) and OPT(1099 Misc) to file [ 14 Answers ]

Hello Atlanta Tax Expert, My background: I am student from Atlanta GA in 2005. 1. I am Indian 2. I was on F-1 whole last year 2005 (although H1 was approved) 3. Started H-1 from 1/feb/2006 4. I was a graduate assistant(TA) from Jan-May 2005, hence I have a W-2 from college. 5. Then I was...

Who can file 1099? [ 2 Answers ]

About two years ago I was hired to work for a real estate company with a notorious bad reputation of not doing buisiness the right way. I was a regular employee with set hours and came in on a daily basis. However, they 1099'd me is that legal? Could I be in trouble for that?

Should I file a 1099-int [ 3 Answers ]

Do I have to file a 1099-int form with my taxes or is it just for my records?

Which state do I file my 1099-R? [ 5 Answers ]

I have received (2) 1099-Rs. One is for a loan that I defaulted when I left my company and moved out of state. The other is for the disbursement that I withdrew when I first arrived in my new state. I lived in PA for the first 4 months of 2007 and then moved to IL for the remainder of 2007. I'm not...

Can H4 holder file 1099 ? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'd really appreciate it if somebody can help us out here. My wife is an H4 visa holder, and this last spring she helped her friend who owned a tile company with some administration work and now she got a 1099 form. Can she file it ? If not then what is the best way to file it ? Or can her...

View more questions Search