Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wbminyard Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2006, 07:40 AM
    Father of Islam
    I would like to know who is the Father of Islam.. Does it have to
    Do with Abraham or maybe other descendants of Noah..
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 7, 2006, 07:44 AM
    As Islam is an Abrahamic Religion, like Jewish and Christianity, the "Father" is Abraham.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2006, 07:48 AM
    Some will say God (or Allah), some will say Mohammed, and some will say Abraham or one of the other early people of the Old Testament.

However, the teachings of Islam were not known until Mohammed "revealed" them to the world about the year 600. They do, though, point to Abraham,

If you are looking for what they believe, here's a good site: www.islamicity.com.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2006, 07:52 AM
    Allah in islam religion and
    Alla (without the H) is Catholic / Christian religion.
    (in my language anyways)
    juliana-- Posts: 5, Reputation: 5

Aug 23, 2006, 08:06 AM
    In fact the question is not clear. What do you mean by the word "father"?
    If you mean the prophet, It is Adam.From his decent, Nouh, Abraham, Isaac, Esmael,. Moses, Jesus, Mohammad were born, respectively.
    KAOSKTRL Posts: 119, Reputation: 0

Oct 17, 2006, 06:39 PM
    Abraham has nothing to do with Islam or Mohammad , He is not of the blood line http://www.answering-islam.de/Main/I.../muhammad.html

The Patriarchs and the Origins of Judaism
    Level: Basic

Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, known as the Patriarchs, are both the physical and spiritual ancestors of Judaism. They founded the religion now known as Judaism, and their descendants are the Jewish people. Of course, technically, it is incorrect to refer to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as Jews, because the terms "Jew" and "Judaism" were not used generally to refer to this nation until hundreds of years after their time; nevertheless, for convenience and in accordance with common practice, I will use these terms.

http://www.jewfaq.org/origins.htm
    leilaa111 Posts: 65, Reputation: 5

Jun 1, 2007, 07:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wbminyard
    I would like to know who is the Father of Islam.. Does it have to
    do with Abraham or maybe other decendents of Noah..?
    The father of islam is sayedna ibrahim
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2007, 01:38 PM
    There is no Father of Islam as such, Adam is the first man according to muslim beliefs and unlike what many people believe, Muhammad (SAW) was only the last and final messenger and not regarded as the Founder of Islam.

Islam (submission to the One and Only Creator and Lord of the worlds) has been in existense since Adam.

A Muslim believes in all the Messengers and Prophets of God without any discrimination. All messengers were mortals, human beings, endowed with Divine revelations and appointed by God to teach mankind. The Holy Quran mentions the names of 25 messengers and prophets and states that there are others. These include Noah, Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad. Their message is the same and it is Islam and it came from One and the Same Source; God, and it is to submit to His will and to obey His law; i.e. to become a Muslim.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Judgement In Islam [ 14 Answers ]

SALAM ALA KUM! BISMILLAH HIR RAHMAN NIRRAHIM. I am very confused about the judgement in islam. If someone becomes muslim, or mend their way and become good then ALLAH(GOD) will change their bad deeds into good and will hide their bad deeds on day of judgement. This makes me wonder...

Islam and Judaism [ 60 Answers ]

Peace and love to everyone I want to understand the difference between Islam and Judaism, there roots between the children of Abraham, who is the founder of all 3 faiths (Judaism, Chriostianity and Islam) to one God Almighty, and the Ka'Baa.. Can someone explain what Isaac and Jacob have to...

Islam [ 14 Answers ]

I am in a World REligion class in college and the professor says that the religion of Islam is actually a peaceful religion. However, many of my classmates argue that it is terroristic in nature because of their belief in martyrdom(?). You know the saying "Kill the infadels." This seems to...

Will the real Islam please stand-up? [ 22 Answers ]

Is it feasible for Muslims to begin speaking about the good things in the Islamic religion instead of just reacting to another religion's speech about -ALL that they're seeing from Islam is violence in the name of religion ? Would it be possible for Iran to do the right thing? Help Iraq...

Shi'ah (islam) [ 1 Answers ]

I am doing a term paper in my world history class on Shi'ism, the main branch of Islam that isn't Sunni, and I was just wondering if anyone knows of any good books on Shi'ism or knows of any websites... Let me know! Thanks!

View more questions Search