Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    exotic chinky Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Jan 30, 2009, 11:37 AM
    Bio Claire, Meladerm , DS?
    Which of the three work most efficiently? And if NONE then what would be a good brand to use, keep in mind I am african american with a golden-to bronze skin tone , I have been somewhat lurking on this site reading up on all the different brands and so far I've concluded that

fair &white= crap
    mono= BIGGER crap

Also I have inhibitions about the DS because I do NOT want to use a cream that peels and burns at my skin :eek:, so I ask which of these three or what cream would be the best?

I have attached an image of myself below
    BabyDoll22 Posts: 85, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2009, 01:06 PM

Hey exotic I heard that a lotion called bio clear works really good but someone told me about a skin lightening pill and am thinking about trying the pill
    RedDiamond Posts: 359, Reputation: 9

Jan 30, 2009, 01:12 PM

Bio claire works.. I am using it now for 3 weeks. I like my results. I use the lotion and oil(sometimes). I have been switching it up to get what works best for me skin.

Jan 30, 2009, 01:14 PM
    I've been thinking about lightneing pills but am still a little sketical on them. I'm trying to findd the best without etting scammed with worthless products.

Jan 30, 2009, 01:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDiamond View Post
    bio claire works ..I am using it now for 3 weeks. I like my results. I use the lotion and oil(sometimes). I have been switching it up to get what works best for me skin.
    About how many shades would you say you've lightened up?

ALSO I've been thinking about funky mommy being as that I heard a lot of good results with this product

Any insight people?

Jan 30, 2009, 02:00 PM

I never was good with shades but I was like a dusty brown now I am easing to highyellow. Its strange because I haven't lightened evenly yet. The sides of my face is really light and my cheeks are a light brown yellow but I noticed today they are slowly brightening up.

Jan 30, 2009, 02:40 PM
    I never was good with shades but I was like a dusty brown now I am easing to highyellow. Its strange because I havent lightened evenly yet. The sides of my face is really light and my cheeks are a light brown yellow but i noticed today they are slowly brightening up.
    Are you using the product correctly or is it just your skin like that..

Anyone else have these problems?

Jan 30, 2009, 03:39 PM

I'm thinking of buying Bio Claire lotion since some said its extremely well matched for combination skin

And for my exfoliation I'm buying funky mommy gluta soap?

Will these two combinations mess my skin up?

Jan 31, 2009, 09:23 PM
    Girl, I don't know... lol. I think its my skin. I have been searching around trying to see if this is the best way to use because... I am hoping over time my skin will fade yellow too on my cheeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by exotic chinky View Post
    are you using the product correctly or is it just your skin like that..

anyone else have these problems?

Jan 31, 2009, 09:29 PM
    Girl, I dont know...lol. I think its my skin. I have been searching around trying to see if this is the best way to use bc...I am hoping over time my skin will fade yellow too on my cheeks.
    Ok I'm terrified to use these products now, I just saw a special on tyra saying how one kid got skin cancer using the skin lightening products, and random break outs

I don't want that to happen to my skin, the last thing I want to do is try and fix it and I end up ruining up
    weezing Posts: 174, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2009, 11:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by exotic chinky View Post
    Ok I'm terrified to use these products now, I just saw a special on tyra saying how one kid got skin cancer using the skin lightening products, and random break outs

I don't want that to happen to my skin, the last thing I want to do is try and fix it and I end up ruining up
    OMG are you serious?? I seen Tyra's special on skin lightening and none of the guest had skin cancer:confused:

Anyway, did the kid use Bio Claire? Im seeing phenomenal results with Bio Cliare Lotion but sometimes I do get little bumps on my face. I'll stop using it if my health is at risk!

Feb 3, 2009, 07:42 AM

Hey ladies I want to try the skin lightening pills and mabe a lotion that works really good because I don't want uneven skin I've been getting some good advice so far but does anyone know about a pill that works for sure

Feb 3, 2009, 09:48 AM

What pills are you taking babydoll... where can I find them?

Feb 3, 2009, 05:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by weezing View Post
    OMG are you serious?!?! I seen Tyra's special on skin lightening and none of the guest had skin cancer:confused:

Anyway, did the kid use Bio Claire? Im seeing phenomenal results with Bio Cliare Lotion but sometimes I do get little bumps on my face. I'll stop using it if my health is at risk!

Ok so I watched the show thoroughly and there are RISKS but no one caught skin cancer I misconstrued the info , a woman was bleaching her sons but none had skin cancer , my sister told me that and I think she dramatized the story WAYYY much

And sorry babydoll buT I Don't know of any skin lightening pills I'm doing a little digging trying to find some I'll keep you posted

Oh and Ill be purchasing some bio claire within the next week ill keep a daily diary of it

Im still thinking of getting some funky mommy gluta soap though

Feb 3, 2009, 06:48 PM

Thanks exotic chinky keep me posted
    all_honesty Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Mar 1, 2009, 11:57 AM
    RECALL INFORMATION
    Feb 13---Bio Claire recalls Natural Bio-vegetal Activator BODY LOTION---Ireland

Manufacturer: See Below

Product: Home

Start Date: 2009-02-13 End Date: 2009-03-13

Product: Lightening body lotion without hydroquinone – Natural Bio-vegetal Activator

Brand: Bio Claire

Type/number of model: P:05/08 E:05/11 082657 “S3”

Description: White 8” (200ml) high container with white screw-top lid.

Country of origin: Ivory Coast

Chemical

The product poses a chemical risk because it contains 0.06% of hydroquinone.

The product does not comply with the Cosmetics Directive 76/768/EEC.

Voluntary withdrawal from the market and recall from consumers.
    xxfaithyxx1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2012, 04:30 AM
    I thinking of buying either Fair Lady Whitening cream (with UV protection and vitamins A and E) or Bio Claire!

I used Fair Lady Whitening cream when I was on holiday in Nigeria and oh my gosh, it worked so well and I had only used it for 1 week and a bit! When I came back one of my friends called me over and asked me what I had used because my skin had gotten much lighter, so I can say that definitely works! However it contains hydroquinone so if you're a bit unsure about using that then don't use it, but I used it with NO PROBLEMS AT ALL.

So I'm planning on either getting the Fair Lady cream but if it's not in the beauty supply store that I'm going to, I'll just get the Bio Claire cream (tub).
    Please let me know how your experience was.
    Here is a link for the Fair Lady cream:
    http://www.pakcosmetics.com/brand/fair-lady/fairlady/whitening-body-lotion-with-uv-protection-and-vitamin-c-plus-e.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to use Meladerm [ 1 Answers ]

Hi - I just received my Meladerm today and am wondering how much to use twice per day? What are your experiences with it? Thanks. Carol

Meladerm ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am probably fixing to ask a really crazy question but here goes... OK I have some freckles and age spots that I would like to fade but think that I should use it all over my face to give it an even tone but what about your face not matching your neck and check area. Do you have to...

View more questions Search