Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nsrikar Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2009, 09:22 AM
    Studying in class 12 and investing is a good business plan
    Studying in class 12 and investing is a good business plan

is investing a good idea studying class 12?
    If how ?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2009, 09:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nsrikar View Post
    studying in class 12 and investing is a good bussiness plan

What is the question?

Jan 30, 2009, 10:39 AM
    My age is 17 is it a good idea to start investing?
    My age is 17 is it a good idea to start investing?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 30, 2009, 10:41 AM

Anytime is a good time to start investing. The younger you are, the less you have to sock away each month to realize big gains in the future.

Jan 30, 2009, 10:45 PM
    Will perfect investments make a man real rich
    How to start investing
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2009, 11:24 PM

Not really. You can ask warren buffet.

There is no such thing to "perfect" investing. Even with years or experience, chances are, you'll lose a lot.

I've been investing for the past 5 years, and although I've had some great gains, I've had some great losses.

To learn how to invest, I suggest playing the stock market game or going to updown.com and playing with virtual money for a while.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2009, 03:45 AM
    Hi, nsrikar!

I've merged your two threads together that are about the same thing in order avoid confusion on this site. This isn't a chat room. So, please stay right on this page about what you're wanting to know.

Now, I do note that on another thread in another forum topic area of this site, that you mention that you're 17 years old.

By "class 12" are you meaning a grade level of 12 years in school? Also, is this concerning some kind of business that you might like to start, or are you simply wanting to know about how and when to start investing money so that the money will accrue in value over a period, please?

Thanks!
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Jan 31, 2009, 03:53 PM
    In theory, yes perfect investments could make you rich.

In the real world some people have become rich from investing. Most have not done that well. Keep in mind that to become rich investing requires a long time or a high risk. If you want to become rich quick, you must take high risks. The higher your risk, the more likely you are to fail.
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Feb 5, 2009, 01:03 PM
    The younger you are the better. I invested in savings bonds when I was in high school, but the returns kept getting lower so I moved to high-dividend blue chip stocks in my late 20s. I wish I had started buying stocks earlier, because I could be retired by now! The financial meltdown is good for younger investors like you because you will be able to buy good quality stocks for bargain prices, then make big gains in the long run when the economy recovers. Go for it and good luck.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2009, 07:19 AM

Hello n:

Yes. It's not really important WHERE you invest, even if it's just a savings account.

What's important is REGULAR additions to your portfolio every time you are paid, even if it's just a little. And thinking about your deposits to your savings account or portfolio, as being a bill you owe, instead of savings you have.

excon
    FrankK2 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Feb 17, 2009, 11:51 AM
    It's never too early to begin saving and investing. Due to the magic of compound interest, the earlier you being the less you have to save to reach a specific goal.

Where should you invest the money is the next question. If you plan to use the money within two or three years, I would suggest keeping all the money in a money market account or certificate of deposit (CD). If you plan to use it in five years, I would keep half in a CD and half in a bond fund (I recommend Vanguard). If you don't need the money for more than five years, a stock mutual fund will yield the highest returns on investment (but also the most risk). Again, Vanguard has a number of great funds. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need a good plan [ 1 Answers ]

As of the new year I've committed to lose weight for my health and to look good. I started on January 5th and I've been running on the treadmill everyday for about 30-40 minutes and I cut out junk food from my diet and I only drink 2 litres of water a day. Yesterday I decided to weigh myself to...

What is a good feeding plan for my dog? [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering how many times a day I should feed my dog and how much. He is a seven year old -zu poodle cross. He is some-what one the heavy side, but not a lot. Any answers would be appreciated!

Assign for business plan (technopreneur's) [ 1 Answers ]

I have to do the assign regarding about technopreneur's. I still no idea and don't know which is the best business should I take.I just want a simple thing. All my asking I have to include each of the following fundamental elements which lead to a good business plans: 1) executive summary...

What type of business I can start in india with low investment and good profit? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to start a business in india with low investment from which I can get good profit?

View more questions Search