Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    139033 Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Jan 30, 2009, 01:06 AM
    Extreem tiredness .cause.
    Hello,
    I am feeling extreem tiredness since last few months. I am at my 37 of age
    My hemoglobin is 11, weight is 67 height is 5"5
    Can anyone tell me about the cause fro this?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2009, 03:30 PM

Did your gp discuss your hemoglobin level? Have you had any recent illnesses? Any major changes in your life? Are you sleeping well? Do you have a healthy diet? Do you get regular exercise? Do you have heavy periods? What's your stress level like? Any health concerns, such as diabetes?

First step would be to look at how you are taking care of yourself as that can play a tremendous role in energy level and how you feel.

A common reason for women to feel tired is simply trying to do it all and getting run down. It is important to make sure your needs are properly taken care of.

Another common reason is being anemic... of which there are severe sorts. May be due to lack of certain vitamins or minerals in your diet, but often it can be due to your body just not absorbing them well. You may want to ask your gp about this possibility.
    139033 Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Feb 1, 2009, 09:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC View Post
    Did your gp discuss your hemoglobin level? Have you had any recent illnesses? Any major changes in your life? Are you sleeping well? Do you have a healthy diet? Do you get regular exercise? Do you have heavy periods? What's your stress level like? Any health concerns, such as diabetes?

First step would be to look at how you are taking care of yourself as that can play a tremendous role in energy level and how you feel.

A common reason for women to feel tired is simply trying to do it all and getting run down. It is important to make sure your needs are properly taken care of.

Another common reason is being anemic...of which there are severe sorts. May be due to lack of certain vitamins or minerals in your diet, but often it can be due to your body just not absorbing them well. You may want to ask your gp about this possibility.
    Thanks.

1-No major illness except malaria 4 years back.
    2-changes- changed my job -long working hours(13hours), poor sleep, lack of excersices
    3- healthy dies- yes,
    4-no regular exercises
    5-yes- heavy periods.
    6-yes-Job- stressful.
    7-No health related issue - such as diabetes /BP / cholastral

What minerals should be taken . I beleve in natural resoureses. Please let me know .
    FYIP - I take dates, almonds ,milk , fruits etc every day as in my breakfast
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2009, 03:53 AM

Hemoglobin is just below the norm and with heavy periods women are more prone to becoming anemic. Sometimes making sure you are getting enough iron and B12 in your diet can be helpful. Other times your doctor may suggest a supplement. It could be you are low in some, it could be your body is not absorbing some as it should. I'd ask your doctor about the possibility of that being a cause and see what they suggest.
    I'd also see what changes you can make to get better sleep. Long term stress and poor sleep will certainly catch up and cause you to feel more tired... and it will weaken your immune system. Job changes are not always possible, but finding ways to deal with the stress are. Regular daily exercise can be helpful in dealing with stress and you may find it helps you start to sleep better. It doesn't have to be anything overly strenuous, walking is great, but try to do so earlier in the day or afternoon, not soon before you are going to bed. Some people find meditation works well for them too. Make time to spend with family and friends, make sure you are including some fun and quiet time in your life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sleeping and tiredness [ 3 Answers ]

I was slightly tired at work after sleeping approx 6 hours. Then next day I slept for about 8 hours during which time I normally feel refreshed. The problem is I felt worse and groggy, bad tempered etc. What could be the reason for this? Not enough exercie? Poor diet?

What can I do about my tiredness? [ 6 Answers ]

Recently I feel really exhausted to the point where I'm falling asleep at work and come home from work and just feel too tired to do anything. I think it may be due to my diet. I live in Japan and I can't cook so I live on a diet of convenience store bentos and restaurant food and I think it's...

View more questions Search