Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    confusedgirlplz Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2009, 06:33 PM
    (GUYS would be great here!) How Can I Tell?
    Hi, I'm 13. There's this 8th grade guy(I'm in 7th) that I have in band and reading. I can't tell you how crazy I am for him without getting pretty gross and make myself sick. So I hope you get the idea. I am always looking at him, love band and reading, and am always thinking of him. He knows I like him, and about 4 days ago I asked him to email me. He hasn't yet, but I knew he probably wouldn't. He is nice, funny, a great writer, and plays 4 instruments! He looks at me quite often, it's like he has a 6th sense! Every time I look at him, it's like he feels it, because he immediately looks back! He smiled at me, and when my friend told him I liked him, she said he wasn't grossed out. She said he actually SMILED and said "Okay,"! Then the next day, he came up next to me when we were putting away stands in band. He stood there helping, and stayed when everyone except for me, my friend, and him were left! And he stood next to me most of the time! Is there anyway to tell if he likes me? And anything else I should look for that might clue me in about what he thinks about me? Thanks!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2009, 07:04 PM

He probably does like you but don't come off as desperate or anything. Let things go at a slow pace and get to know him as friends. Like if you get serious now and then break up by the 8th grade then you are his "old" girlfriend
    It is better that you be friends now and wait and let time take care of things.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2009, 02:15 AM

Hi, confusedgirlplz!

In addition to the fine answer by N0help4u above, I would like to add that you're in band together. Band people tend to be like a club.

You might want to strike up a conversation about the instruments he plays in order to get to know him and he to know you better.

But, please give things some time and not be in a hurry...

Thanks!
    XM8 Posts: 213, Reputation: 14

Jan 30, 2009, 04:27 PM

Yea, like N0help4u and Clough said, take it slowly. Never throw yourself at a guy - it will only make you look desperate and the guy will think there's something wrong with you - i.e. insecure.

Take it easy, and don't expect anything that serious. Looking back on "love" when I was 13 I think to myself I was just being childish.

I'm only 16 but trust me, from 13/14 to 16 a teenager's concept of love changes completely.

Remember, if it doesn't work out for you, there will be a lot more guys in the future - you're still really young.

Take care and use your time carefuly,

-Xm8
    confusedgirlplz Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2009, 06:37 PM

Thank you guys! I really appreciate it! I know I'm young, and I know I probably have no idea what love really is. But is wanting to see him every minute, shying away when I do see him, thirsting to talk with him, imagining him next to me, wondering what he would think, and more, really so far off the mark? I don't know, all I know is I think I'm pretty close to finding out what it is. Don't worry, there's not much I can do with guys at this point anyway, but I'm going to try to say hi when I see him, and talk to him more! Keep giving advice please.

And is there anything I should be looking for in him? A sign that he likes me, or hates me, or anything to show what he thinks about me?

Thanks again!
    XM8 Posts: 213, Reputation: 14

Jan 31, 2009, 02:56 AM

confusedgirlplz,

There's nothing wrong with what you're feeling. It's just that, when you're older and you look back at the present, you'll think to yourself "I wasn't really sure of what love is".

It's perfectly normal, it's just that for your idea of love to be compatible with that guy's idea of love, you both have to be of more or less the same age.

Now I heard once that girls mature faster than boys, so he might be giving you the wrong signs or vice versa.

If he likes you, you will notice it. He will try to grab an opportunity to talk to you, or ask you to do something with him. Why not go and talk to him yourself - if you get the feeling that he's being bothered leave him alone - don't annoy him.

And as for hating you... I doubt he's going to hate you unless you start really getting on his nerves.

Take care,

-Xm8

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

For the GUYS! This sums up most guys problems here. Another great e-mail from DD [ 21 Answers ]

This is an e-mail from David Deangelo. He is 1000% correct here. Guys - LEARN from this. It's long BUT almost EVERY guy here does this... ***QUESTION*** Hi Dave, I recently bought your ebook because I have met a Girl that I am really into and I must make it work With her. You are...

Great R&B Song, Great Lyrics - Who's the Artist and what's the Title? Thanks [ 1 Answers ]

Singers: Male and Female duet. Female:- The sunlight smiles faithful every day for you. No one comes close to the joy you bring to me; whisper's like the summer's breeze. To put my mind at ease. When I look into your eye's I invision you and me on LOVE'S JOURNEY. So I wrote this melody because...

Boys and feet-Guys opinion would be great! [ 5 Answers ]

So, there's this guy, are you surprised, anyway he keeps messing with me during 7th period science. He must really enjoy playing with my feet or something because he won't quit. I mean what's the deal. Also, I wonder what he's thinking about continually. Especcially when he randomly smiles or looks...

Great Dane Great Strain? [ 8 Answers ]

I love great danes!! I have and always will love them. In general I love big dogs! My question is though if I were to get a great dane what's my cost looking at what are some of the problems that are spefic to great danes behaviour and health wise (ex. Yorkies have hip problems) also I really want...

Great stuff for the guys... [ 13 Answers ]

Runei brought this up - but these are KEYS to stay on top of the game - and things WOMEN should look for in a great guy. I wanted to post this for everyone to see. Sexy Qualities You Can Cultivate By Oskar McHendry Sex Education Correspondent - Every Saturday

View more questions Search