Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amjmvh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2009, 05:42 PM
    Courthouse wedding- suggestions for cermony and services to follow?
    My boyfriend and I of 2 and a half years, are considering getting married soon at the courthouse. We have known and discussed for awhile now about getting married and have always had dreams of a wedding in a church or on a beach. However, he found out about 6 months ago he is being deployed to Afghanistan. We want to be married before he leaves for many reasons. I love him more than words can say and it would be such a comfort to know he is my husband and we are married while he is gone fighting for our country in a very dangerous place. As well, I will be able to share his benefits and be able to fly to see him if something ever happens to him (I'm praying not). The military will also pay for me to be able to go see him if we are married, otherwise, it is out of our own pockets. Can you imagine how expensive that would be? And how awful you would feel if you couldn't be with the one you love when they are hurt?

Anyhow, my question is regarding a ceremony or service we could possibly do when he gets back from Afghanistan to celebrate our new marriage. I have heard of a marriage blessing. However, will this help us to fill the void of the wedding we have always wanted? He will be gone for a year after our courthouse wedding therefore, we won't have much time to feel like a married couple anyway. I feel that if there is a ceremony or service when he gets back, it will help us to feel more united with all of our family and friends there. I have always wanted my best friends there as my bridesmaids, my dad walking me down the aisle, and a reception afterwards where we can all dance and celebrate such a special time. Is there anyone who has been in a similar circumstance or who can give some advice to anything we can do to help make these wishes come true when he comes back? I know getting married in itself, however and wherever it is done, is the most important thing. However, I am sure there is someone who can relate to me still wanting my dreams of getting married as a little girl be carried out in some way. It would also be nice to incorporate something celebrating his return.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 29, 2009, 05:51 PM

You can do any and everything you want, a big church wedding with the white dress and brides maid, at a blessing

You can do it a theme wedding, I have done them at beaches, at Six Flags, at a pool party and more

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Courthouse wedding? [ 5 Answers ]

OK, so my fiancée is leaving in March for war. And the wedding we want, no one will be able to attend on the account of a lot of both our family members live far way, so we decided to have a courthouse marriage and then when he comes back from war we can renew our vows in a cermony form and have...

How do I set up a courthouse wedding? [ 4 Answers ]

My fiancé and I want to get married without the big hooplah and expense. Problem is, I have searched and searched and cannot find any answers on who to call, where to go, cost, etc. How do I set this thing up?? ***EDIT*** Sorry, I forgot to add we live in Missouri.

A Courthouse Wedding? [ 2 Answers ]

:) I am so xcited about getting married I'm trying not to jinx it. But I am getting married 6mos from now to my wonderful fiancé of 5yrs:p . I bet your thinking why so long but that a different story on a different SUBJECT. But to make a long story shorter. We both agreed on a COURTHOUSE WEDDING,...

Courthouse wedding [ 2 Answers ]

Can you have friends and family in attendance at a courthouse wedding? Do you have to send formal invitations for this type of a wedding?

Suggestions for courthouse wedding [ 6 Answers ]

We are getting married on November 3 at the court house by the Justice of the Peace. Both been married before don't want to spend money on wedding. How do you make this day special and something to remember? What do you wear? Not sure how to make plans. Someone please help.

View more questions Search