Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trinocide Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2006, 09:19 PM
    Starting a business at a young age
    I am starting a computer business and I am only 16, my question is "will people trust me although i am young" will I get any business at all please respond thank you..
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 7, 2006, 06:40 AM
    Actually in this field, being young is an advantage. People have a misconception that young people are better at computers then their elders. There is some truth to this because young people were brought up with computers as a part of their lives. So people do tend to trust them.

Now you didn't state what type of computer business you are running. That can have a bearing on this issue. But if you present yourself well do good work, there is a good chance of success.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Aug 7, 2006, 07:37 PM
    I agree with Scott... depends on what the type of "computer business" you're offering.

If you are providing support, web services, or small network administration, you probably won't have much trouble at all getting some initial clients that you can use to build a reputation with.

If you are trying to portray yourself as a "consultant" to provide technology solutions to business, you'll likely not get many call backs at all. Even if you do have good ideas, larger businesses are likely to dismiss you because of your age and lack of reputation.
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Aug 7, 2006, 08:41 PM
    If that doesn't work, open a lemonaid stand!

I'm just kidding.

I'm such a kidder.

Or the Geek Squad. It's not exactly your own business, but it's a start.
    trinocide Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2006, 10:02 PM
    Thanks for the answers, by the way it's a computer repair and upgrading business.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Young Father [ 9 Answers ]

Hey my name is sam am 17 year old lad from northern ireland,my girlfriend came to me 1 day at a normal hospital check up and told me she was pregnant at first I was shocked but excited. Now I need some help I started going out with this girl on the last Saturday in August I had sex with her that...

What I need to register a business and where do I go [ 2 Answers ]

Where would I go to find out what I need as far as Tax Id numbers, if the business name I am wanting to use is available and how do I register my business.

Starting my own small business [ 17 Answers ]

I am trying to start my own lawn business and I've already have some business cards put out on mailboxes ext. and flyers.now my question is how long do I have to wait before someone calls it been 3 weeks now.

Young dog having seizures [ 3 Answers ]

We just had our 6 month old beagle nutered Thrusday. Friday he had 2 seizures and today he's had 1. He growled at me today and later at my husband. Copper has been a really great dog, house trained easily, good with the kids. He a little high strung, but we get him lots of exercise and he's...

Married young [ 2 Answers ]

Got married at 19 nearly 20. We had been in a long distance relationship on and off for 2years. During this time only saw each other about five times and spent a few hours together.however its been nearly 4 years now and I feel I rushed into it as I feel I have changed in person. He is 8 years...

View more questions Search