Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kfbkeene Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Feb 15, 2009, 01:45 PM
    My lawyer already has a moption to doismiss drawn up - and NOW the officer is on Administrative suspension for allegerd rape cgharges while on duty and cannot even show up to the court to testify. So on that alone the case will be dismissed plus as I said My attorney already has a motion to dismiss drawn up based on the unlawful stop (it was racial profoiling - read all the posts) so either way the thing will be dismissed - the issue is that it will not be dismissed by the time the background check is completed so it will most l;ikely show a s a pending charge - My attorney has agreed to write a letter to the company explaining the whole situation - so we shall see what happens
    Paper Chaser Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2009, 02:28 PM
    A request for dismissal for is applicable if there are questionable issues associated with actions/evidence against the defendant prior to trial. What I am speaking of varies from state to state and dependent on the type of charge(s) pending against the defendant. You can verify this information on the Revised/Repealed Statutes under any state's legislature.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 15, 2009, 04:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Paper Chaser View Post
    You can verify this information on the Revised/Repealed Statutes under any state's legislature.
    Sorry but that doesn't fly. I find it hard to believe nor have I ever heard that any court or statute would permit a motion to remove something that was not yet in place. Makes no sense. If you say such a possibility exists, then please find me an instance where it does. If I'm wrong, then I want to know I'm wrong. But I'm not going to waste my time looking for something I don't think exists.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How is wilmington North Carolina? [ 4 Answers ]

I just basically wanted to know how wilmington was.is it safe and pretty much a safe place to live. I no that everywhere can have it faults.but just a quick breaf about it in general would be helpful.or if you live there now.. let me know the area and how it is.thanks?

Nude beaches- North Carolina or South Carolina? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I'm looking for a nude beach near myrtle beach but I'm not having any luck. Does anyone know where one is? Thank you blusia

Moving to North Carolina [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I are considering moving to NC. We're looking for: affordable housing (200-300K), a small community (50,000 - 100,000 pop.) close to a larger city (we like city life but don't want to live right in it) and somewhat close to the water, say 2 hours. NC seems appealing because of the...

North Carolina Family Law [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know anything about child support and custody laws in the state of North Carolina? Or do you have any links I can go to so I can search them on my own? Thanks...

View more questions Search