Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oecua Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2009, 11:34 AM
    Senior health insurance
    I would like to know which company offers a reliable and cheapest medical health insurance for senior citizines. Father - 65 , mother - 61.

Medical checkup can be done, but premium should be less and premium should have it exemption.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 29, 2009, 01:12 PM

Of course if this is in the US, at 65 the father will be on medicare and you will be able to get a medicare suppliment. There are many good ones, in the US each state has its own premium schedule, so the cheaper one in one state will not be in antoher state.

As for as insurance for a 61 year old women, it will be high, the higher the premuim the better the coverage, there is no way around it. Some companies like United America have limited policies that are not as expensive but then they don't pay for everything either.
    sunny1ib Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Mar 9, 2009, 09:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by oecua View Post
    I would like to know which company offers a reliable and cheapest medical health insurance for senior citizines. Father - 65 , mother - 61.

Medical checkup can be done, but premium should be less and premium should have it exemption.
    It would be helpful if you advised the location where you parents live. If it is in the U.S. depending upon some other criteria, your father may be eligible for Medicare. There are different Medicare plans - some are supplements, also known as Medigap plans; these are used to offset Original Medicare benefits. Medicare Advantage plans have different rules and are administered privately. Can be a consideration as well.

For your mother, depending upon her health AND what one expects that the insurance provides will reflect in the level of benefit and the premium cost.

Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Health insurance for Senior Citizens [ 3 Answers ]

I'm looking for a Health Insurance policy in INDIA to cover my Family of 3 and my Senior Citizen Parents. Can any Insurance company in INDIA, cover my parents as well who are above 60 yrs of age, and proved a cover to the entire family.

Health insurance for Senior Citizens [ 3 Answers ]

I'm looking for a Health Insurance policy to cover my Family of 3 and my Senior Citizen Parents. Can any Insurance company cover my parents as well who are above 60 yrs of age, and proved a cover to the entire family.

Health Insurance for Senior Citizens [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I wanted to know the income breakup of the senior citizens in India and how many of them have got health insurance? How many companies cater to the health insurance needs for the senior citizens? Is it possible to provide the information for the current and past 5 years so that I can analyse...

Senior Health Insurance [ 1 Answers ]

I receive O.A.S. & C.P.P.(Saskatchewan,Canada) My wife is not eligible yet, We have a 16 year old daughter still living at home. I have no medical insurance. Is there anything out there for me? Thanks

View more questions Search