Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    truptipc Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2009, 10:37 AM
    Shared network drive
    Hi all,

My question is related to shared network drive between the host and client terminal.

Work environment is windows server 2003.

I created shared drive on my server & client terminal.
    But
    When I log in next time, network drive and printer both gets disconnected on client PC.

And I get red cross on both network drive on client PC and printer.
    And if I am trying to connect it, it says Network not found.

What is the problem and how to fix it.

Thanks.

Trupti..
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jan 30, 2009, 07:19 PM

Hi,
    Just a starting place, but you only share the drive on the server where it resides and give permissions to who may share it. You cannot share the drive on the client, only with it. Might be a place to start.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 30, 2009, 07:23 PM

Also, have you checked the Reconnect at login when you map the drive?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mapping network drive over wired/wireless network [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I have a problem and have been looking for an answer for a week or two now. I hope someone here can help me because it's hard for our business to function without this mapped drive. Here's the deal. I manage my company's network, which was until recently shared between two buildings by...

Cannot Access Shared Network Recources [ 4 Answers ]

Help! I am trying to network two computers. Computer #1 is a Dell dimension 3000 desktop system that is connected to the Netgear Wireless router via a ethernet cable. Computer #2 is a Dell Inspiron B130 notebook that is connected to the Router via a wireless connection. Both computers are...

Network access to one shared printer has failed [ 2 Answers ]

I have a windows network. Computers are Win98SE #1, Win98SE #2, XPsr2 #1 and XP sr2#2. I have USB printers attached to 98SE #1 and XPsr2 #1. Printers are shared. System in place for approx. 2yrs and has worked fine. About 3 weeks ago XPsr2 #1 had difficulty accessing the printer on Win98Se #1....

Win98 and mapping a domain shared drive ? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I've some computers which are running Win98, 95 and ME, I don't need to make them as members of my domain, but just I want to map some folders on the File server which is located on the DC, and that to be used by those old OS users. Everything went fine, until the OS asked the...

View more questions Search