Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ernest65 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2009, 09:53 AM
    Background investigation
    I was not sure where my question would fall under so I took a shot in the dark and hope

Some one can answer my question. My question is regarding a government job I applied

For with customs and border protection. As it turns out during my investigation the hiring

People at that agency had determine at one point of my background check that I was not

A suitable hire. I found this out months after calling them myself. They did not contact me

To tell me this. I then asked the hiring manager or supervisor what was the reason for the

Decision and he did not elloborate but just said they felt I was a security risk.

He did however gave me the address to find out why through the Freedom of

Information Act. Which I did write to them. I sent the request to them in October of 2007.

I have not been contacted. I requested to talk with my state represenative to see what

He could do. I don't know what else to do. What are my options in speaking to someone

That can help me. I know my background is not perfect but it is not criminal either.

Thanks
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2009, 10:12 AM
    Hello ernest:

The Freedom of Information Act allows for appeals if the request isn't granted. Follow up THAT avenue.

I don't know who you want to speak to. I don't know what you want somebody to do.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 29, 2009, 01:36 PM

This is the issue, for a position they will do a indeep background. Mine for example, they actually sent people to talk to neighbors of every home I lived in for the past 10 years, they sent people to talk to my high school teachers, and college teachers. They even found and talked to past girl friends.

Issues can be: a poor credit rating, they figure you may be subject to bribes.

Lies in the past, if people that knew you told them about lying issues.

And yes, perfect what is not perfect about your background, that may help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hit and Run Investigation [ 5 Answers ]

Last Sunday I left a party and decided to stop by a McDonalds to get a bite to eat. I bumped a cab as I was in the drive through. Because I had been drinking, I wasn't thinking clearly. I waited with the driver of the cab in the parking lot for the police to arrive. But after about 20 minutes,...

Asset investigation [ 4 Answers ]

I got a letter from a debt collector saying that they are doing an asset investigation on me indicating that I own property, which I do. What's this mean? I don't have a judgement.

Paranormal investigation job [ 2 Answers ]

Yes I am from middle Tennessee in cookeville and I am wondering if there is any jobs for paranormal investigation in the area

Forensic investigation [ 1 Answers ]

I have a few questions When might a latent fingerprint be permanent ? If iron is the catalyst for tests that detect presence of blood, what compounds might give a false positive test? Will the test for blood work only for human blood or will it detect animal blood? What Characteristics...

View more questions Search