Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    20anonymous08 Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Jan 29, 2009, 09:26 AM
    Tipping your Artist.
    I have a question. My first 3 tats I got at a studio and so of course I paid the shop for the tat and I tipped the artist. But what I am wondering is I got a new tat artist whom I am actually going to see tonight to get another tat.. however, he works out of his house. So of course what I pay him for the tat is all his. Do I still tip him? Or just pay what he is charging?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2009, 05:26 AM

Hi, 20anonymous08!

I know that by now you've probably already had the procedure performed. However, for others that might happen to come across this thread in the future, I just wanted to respond.

If tattoo artists in general are accustomed to getting tips, and the prices charged are comparable to what others are charging for the same services, then I would tip them, especially if they've done a really great job.

If the job is done by someone working out of there home, then the first thing to be considered is if they are licensed or not, if licensing is something that's required in the vicinity where they're working and whether they have done everything that's made it legal to offer such a service out of their home. License, zoning requirements, insurance, etc. are some things that come to mind.

If it's okay in all aspects for them to be doing this sort of thing out of their home, then like I've already mentioned, if the prices charged are comparable to what others are charging for the same services, then I would tip them, especially if they've done a really great job.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair cut tipping [ 1 Answers ]

What percentage should you tip your hair stylist(whether is a high scale salon or mediocre salon, and if she's not the owner), and do you have to leave an extra tip to the girl that washed your hair?

Tipping etiquette [ 14 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, I went to a hair salon and had my hair straightened.. I paid $300 plus $70 tip.. 3 days later my hair was wavy again so I had the stylist re-do it . She didn't charge me for the service again but she did charge me for the hair supplies which came to $25.00. Should I have tipped...

Tipping etiquette [ 8 Answers ]

Okay, I need some help clearing up a debate. What is the "proper" etiquette when tipping for services such as provided by an owner of a company versus just an employee of the company? Do you tip more or less when the owner of the company is providing the service? I think you would tip the...

Tipping [ 6 Answers ]

Should I tip the guy installing carpet at my house. If so, how much? He doesn't own the business, he's the installer for the company from which I purchased the carpet.

Tipping : Sushi bar [ 3 Answers ]

Good morning everyone, I have a question about tipping. As I am from Western Europe, the " tipping culture" is rather strange to me now that I live in the US. But I've managed to understand the minimum of it ( waitress, hairdresser.. ) My problem is about Sushi bars. I love sushis, and I love...

View more questions Search