Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2009, 07:59 AM

No, I agree with Tal. You definitely need to change your attitude toward other people. I bet when the people you already put a label on, try to talk to you in anyway, you go all emo on them and basically say something or have the attitude along the lines of "Pfffft, whatever, jerk (slut, redneck, or any other label you mentioned before)." You will never make new friends or anything thinking like that.

If they're not emo, like you, they are not suitable to be a friend? You have to get over that mentality, or you will be a very lonely person.
    bobbalina Posts: 145, Reputation: 4

Feb 10, 2009, 08:04 AM
    [QUOTE= "Pfffft, whatever, jerk (slut, redneck, or any other label you mentioned before).

QUOTE]

I'm not a mean person I meant emo as in wear black, cry all the time and cut myself,. I don't say things like that to anyone... I talk to anyone who talks to me first I'm just too shy
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2009, 10:22 AM
    [QUOTE=bobbalina;1539824]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Pfffft, whatever, jerk (slut, redneck, or any other label you mentioned before).

im not a mean person i meant emo as in wear black, cry all the time and cut myself,...i dont say things like that to anyone...i talk to anyone who talks to me first im just too shy
    Color me blind... or ignorant, or whatever, but why exactly do you cut yourself? What do you get out of it? You cry all of the time... so... what are you sad about? What the hell is it with kids these days. Life doesn't just change on its own. If you aren't happy, instead of cutting yourself, or crying, CHANGE things.

I could go off on a mad rant right now, but I am holding it in. Please explain your behavior, as I would like a little more insight.
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Feb 10, 2009, 10:26 AM
    I'm not a mean person I meant emo as in wear black, cry all the time and cut myself,. I don't say things like that to anyone... I talk to anyone who talks to me first I'm just too shy
    That's what you might call depression and is a psychological issue that needs to be dealt with. The problem seems to be your attitude twords everything and everyone else, not necessarily their attitude twords you.
    Think about how you look at other people before you judge them and allow them to judge you. They might think your as stuck up as you think they are.
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2009, 11:18 AM

It's OK to be shy.

To add to what KC said, cutting yourself is not the way to go about dealing with pain.

I know why you do it too. You want to take your mind off the emotional pain you're feeling, so you cut yourself. This makes you focus on the physical pain instead instead of the mental pain. As a result, you inflict more damage on yourself, by leaving scars and not dealing with the emotional pain that is making you do this.

Have you ever tried talking to anyone about your problems? (Parents, friends, doctors)

Why are you so sad all the time?

I'm sorry if I come off as being mean... I'm just trying to help and understand.

Feb 11, 2009, 05:40 AM

My dad yells at me a lot just like the other day... my parents really won't listen to me and I cry over anything anyone is telling me I don't know why? Its just a habit I've tried t stop cutting myself but sometimes I enjoy the pain you know?
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2009, 07:39 AM

You enjoy the pain because it makes your mind focus on it, rather than the real problem. Have you thought about seeing a professional about your problems? What about the school guidance councilor?

Feb 11, 2009, 10:18 AM
    No I haven't I don't want to cause they'll only make the problem bigger my parents know I do and they haven't said anything I really don't know what to do
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2009, 10:19 AM

You are beautiful, and you choose to ruin your own beauty by cutting yourself. This is about you not believing in yourself, plain and simple. I believe in you, so why don't you?
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2009, 10:21 AM

How would seeing and talking to someone make the problem bigger? They are there to help, not cause more trouble.

Feb 12, 2009, 07:00 AM

I think that if I talk to anybody then they'll start flippin out and asking all these pressuring dumb ?s and I just can't handle that right now... and kctiger I don't know where you got this beautiful thing but I really don't think I am... ive never been asked out in my life and all I do is just want to find somebody but I don't see how that's going to happen... I don't want to wait forever for someone...
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2009, 07:04 AM

Me:

I was an ugly duckling. Was NOT attractive at all in high school, and even freshmen year of college. NEVER went on a date until I was around 19 (a real date). Girls didn't even want to look at me... I was "that" guy for a long time. Finally landed a date when I got out of high school, and that turned pretty bad, as I wasn't really all that interested in her, and I didn't know how to hanlde myself.

Late bloomer. Didn't have a REAL relationship until I was 21, but I enjoyed the hek out of myself from 18-21, so it wasn't a big deal. LOTS of fun. Now, I am fairly good at talking to girls... things change.

You are beautiful. There is no such thing as ugly. I have met of some the most beautiful, "attractive" women around, and most of them turned out to be truly ugly, it was just their outter beauty that was decent.

Don't EVER think you aren't good enough, and NEVER let someone tell you that you aren't. You will not be waiting forever. There are at least a quarter of a billion guys that would ask you out in a second... the world is a lot bigger than your high school, you will learn that shortly.

Feb 12, 2009, 07:11 AM

You really think there's that many guys? Hmmm? Well that right there gives me some incouragement I don't know why but that makes me feel better inside thanks:)
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2009, 07:12 AM

I KNOW, without a doubt in my mind, you will find that "special" someone. It will happen. Don't worry about it, just enjoy what YOU enjoy, and things will fall into place, trust me.

Feb 12, 2009, 07:15 AM

OK I'll trust you on this but I hope I'm not the one that becomes a 40 year old virgin... :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

She's going to turn 16 and I'm going to turn 18 three days after is this illegal? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, Like the heading says. She's going to be 16 and I'm going to be 18 is this illegal to date. Are we able to do things like hug or kiss? Please help.

Friend saw me in a place I wasn't [ 5 Answers ]

Not sure where to ask about this Today my friend, who I trust and was dead serious, said that she saw me in the school corridor walking past, said hi to me, and that when she looked again, I wasn't there I actually was in a different part of the school at the time, but she was dead certain that...

It wasn't worth it [ 1 Answers ]

About three days ago I got jrunk with some friends and we went to this guys house and he said it was OK to come. Then I left to get another friend and he left ( the kid who owns the house) but a lot of my friends were still at the house when I came back. I went straight down stairs with a girl and...

Car Accident wasn't My Fault [ 19 Answers ]

I was involved in a car accident.. I was a passenger I received injuries pcl torn in my right knee laceration to me forehead and top of my head down to my skull.. I have hospital bills of 40,000.The insurrance ajuster just told me today that the policy limit is 50,000.. He said that he will have to...

View more questions Search