Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nadhya Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2009, 07:26 AM
    Vitamin C content in vitamin C tablets
    I will be provided with a 0.1% DCPIP solution and have to find Vitamin C content of different Vitamin C tablets.. Normally they contain 1000mg vitamin C which is 1g...

And the vitamin c content can be determined by titration with DCPIP solution but how do I make up a equal 0.1& solution of Vitamin C from Vitamin C tablets which have the formula of ascorbic acid C6H8O6??
    Nadhya Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2009, 07:26 AM

How do I make up a 0.1% vitamin c solution?
    pares318 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2010, 02:10 AM
    when they say "0.1% solution" made from a powder diluted in water or liquid, usually that means by weight (w/v = weight/volume). 1% solution is 1g in 100ml.
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2010, 10:04 AM

To find how much is 0.1%, multiply by .001. This is 1/10th of 1% or 1/1000th of something.

So, 1/10th of 1% of 1000 mg would be 1 mg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Vitamin A [ 4 Answers ]

What are some foods or drinks I can take that contain high Vitamin A?

Vitamin C [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Any one know if Vitamin C alone lightens the skin?. if yes when the results can be seen? And what about the dosage? Remmember to reply:) *thanx*

The Little Known Vitamin P [ 2 Answers ]

There appears to be an aesthetic treatment for facial spider veins that is starting to get noticed. It’s a cream containing the little known Vitamin P. Now, Vitamin P is part of Vitamin C Complex that includes things like rutin and citrus bioflavonoids. If you’re still interested, then keep...

Vitamin E [ 2 Answers ]

Does vitamin E (straight from a capsule) or aloe vera (straight from the plant) help in healing a burn and reduce scaring?

View more questions Search