Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Renee Crenshaw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2009, 06:32 AM
    Travel trailer
    I have purchased a travel trailer from a 3rd party... the trailer has been paid in full... how do I obtain the original title? I have a copy.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2009, 06:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Renee Crenshaw View Post
    I have paid the trailer in full...from a 3rd party ...I have a copy of the title...need to obtain the original title....How do I do this?

Please don't add your question to another question (no one will see it). You have also posted variations of the same question four times in five minutes.

The person who sold the trailer to you has to sign title over to you. If you already have a title in your name with a lien, then you apply for a duplicate from the State. If the title is in your name with a lien, then the seller signs it over to you, files it in Albany and Albany sends you a clear title.

Is that the situation?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 29, 2009, 07:02 AM

First stop posting the same question over and over.

You were posting your "question" as a answer t someone else's question about real estate. This is not a blog.

I have deleted all but one question and moved it to its own question.

But the actual owner of the trailer has to sign the original title over to you.
    A copy has no value ( unless it is a official replacement)

Did the 3rd party have a legal right to sell the trailer, did you talk to the actual owner of the trailer.

But the actual owner has to provide it.
    you have not bought anything till they give that to you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1948 Alma Travel Trailer [ 3 Answers ]

This may be a longshot but I am hoping that someone out there can send me somewhere to get parts for a 1948 Alma Travel Trailer Thanks Dave

Lost title to Travel Trailer! [ 9 Answers ]

I recently purchased a travel trailer with a lost title. How do I go about getting the title for it? Where do I go? How much will it cost? Also.. how much does it cost to register the travel trailer?

Title for travel trailer [ 1 Answers ]

We recently purchased a travel trailer and did not receive a title. How do we advise the person who sold it to us to obtain one. The license plate has not been renewed since 1994 so I am assuming he has no tilte. Please help.

Truck and travel trailer [ 1 Answers ]

Good morning. We are looking at purchasing a 20 ft. travel trailer. I drive a 1999 dodge ram 1500 5.2 litre 4x4. My truck has 220,000 ks. I have it maintained and it runs very well. I have recently had the transmission done as well. The question I am concerned about is. Will my truck be able to...

View more questions Search