Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bandb Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Jan 29, 2009, 12:12 AM
    Converting natural to lp
    Hey this is leslie can someone please tell me if you forget to convert a reem gas pack from natural to lp and start the unit will it damage any of the componets or will the safety features just shut it down:eek:
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 29, 2009, 10:00 AM
    If the naturel gas orifices are left in the unit while using propane/lp gas there will usually be much larger than normal flames. It is something best not done and as far as damage goes who knows anything is possible. In all my years of service I have never done that.

Jan 29, 2009, 11:06 AM

So if there was much larger flames then it would have been burning hotter which probably would have messed up the limit switch right?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 29, 2009, 11:19 AM
    so if there was much larger flames then it would have been burnin hotter which probably would have messed up the limit switch right?

No not at all unless someone let the unit run like that for awhile and that is unlikely given the situation.

Jan 29, 2009, 01:10 PM

No it run a few minutes and shut down then the fan kicked on a few times it just wouldn't heat

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Converting from propane to natural gas hot water [ 2 Answers ]

Can I convert a commercial Rheem-rudd propane water heater to natural gas >Moved from Forum Help<

Converting a Kenmore stove from LP to Natural Gas [ 1 Answers ]

I need to convert my kenmore model #362.72768890 from LP to natural gas - I already did the regulator and the orifices. How do I adjust the oven and the broiler?

Converting dryer to natural gas [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a dryer that was converted to propane gas. There were 2 orifices that came with the dryer to convert it back to natural gas. I was wondering which one I need to use to do this. One orifice has a hole coming from top to bottom. The other has a hole coming from the side to the bottom. Maybe...

Converting propane to natural dryer [ 2 Answers ]

Can you convert a propane dryer to natural gas?

Converting from propane to natural gas [ 2 Answers ]

Many years ago, I moved out into the country and built my house using propane. Now, natural gas has come into my neighborhood and I would like to eliminate the propane, the tank and the overpriced service for my house. I called the local gas provider who instructed me that I need to give them a...

View more questions Search