Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    viclo13 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2009, 09:41 PM
    Moving stars?
    When you look at the sky, you see a lot of white little dots, probably planets and stars, well, what if you see something similar, about the same size?? I have had answers saying that they are satellites, okay now my question is what is it something about the same size, but instead of a straight path, it zig zags, and/or does erratic movements like chanching paths, but at the same speed, does not blink, does not flash, too far for helicopter, or airplane.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2009, 10:04 PM

Then I'd probably go see an optometrist.

Are you suggesting UFOs?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2009, 05:55 AM

Well, it is a UFO, but I'm sure there's a rational explanation.
    sarnian Posts: 462, Reputation: 9
    -

Jan 29, 2009, 05:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by viclo13 View Post
    when you look at the sky, you see a lot of white little dots, probably planets and stars, well, what if you see something similar, about the same size??? i have had answers saying that they are satellites, okay now my question is what is it somethin about the same size, but instead of a straight path, it zig zags, and/or does erratic movements like chanching paths, but at the same speed, does not blink, does not flash, too far for helicopter, or airplane.
    First of all : look after sunset in a southern direction : bright planet Venus is presently high in the sky, and the moon in early first quarter is very near to it. You can not miss them! (see : Venus as Evening Star).

No "white little dots" ever zig-zag, as they are not optically moving, but we are (positioned at a stable rotating planet earth).
    At a dark night you can see many man-made satellites passing over - at relative high speed. But they neither zig-zag.
    You can see "moving (falling) stars" - infalling dust particles called Meteors.
    But when and where did you see "these little dots that zig-zag" personally?
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Jan 29, 2009, 06:01 PM

Maybe you can find it here. LIVE REAL TIME SATELLITE AND SPACE SHUTTLE TRACKING
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Feb 8, 2009, 09:21 AM

Do you see it everyday? If you do, then it's probably not UFO's or whatever.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do you think about when you look up into a sky full of stars? [ 29 Answers ]

What do you think about when you look into the night sky?

Stars matching [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, I have proposed my love to one of my childhood friend cm relative before 8 months, She is yet to give a reply for my proposal. I have good name in her house. Don't know what's running in her mind. Today I just the moon stars match between us. Shockingly its not matching. Can any...

Stars we see in the sky [ 8 Answers ]

I recently found these forums and I really appreciate the knowledge that people share. I have been browsing the forums a few days, already learnt much and I am seeking for more :) - The stars we see in the sky belong to our galaxy? - Are all those stars suns of other solar systems? - Are there...

HOw many stars? [ 5 Answers ]

I didn't know where this question should go... But I was wondering how to go about finding out how many stars a hotel is rated..

Dancing with the Stars [ 30 Answers ]

Hello: I don't care whacha say, I don't like Heather Mills. She done Paul wrong. Clyde the Glide is pretty cool. Yeah, this excon likes dancing... excon

View more questions Search