Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladyjoker91 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2009, 06:39 PM
    Teen weight loss in a month.
    Please help! I am 17yrs. Old and I have a senior trip coming up in may. I want to lose weight so that I can look good in my bathing suit. I am a little self conscious of my weight. :o I am 5"8 and 186 pounds. :eek: I think I am suppose to be around 160. I would do what ever it takes. And Im not into the starvation thing that the pop culture has been putting out there. :cool: PLEASEEEEEE HHHEEEELLLPPP :eek:
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2009, 03:49 PM

The simple way to lose weight without comprising your health to is replace all the while carbs in your diet (bread, rice, pasta, potatoes) with lean protein and green vegetables. Do not eating sugar or anything containing sugar (that includes almost all box breadfast cereals.

Try eating oatmeal or eggs for breakfast.
    For lunch, eat some form of lean protein (fish is excellent) with a huge green salad and a little olive oil dressing.
    Dinner: nice piece of steak or chicken, and lots of vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, green beans, aubergine, asparagus, celery, fennel, mushrooms, kale, brussel sprouts, cabbage, lettuce, watercress, courgettes, etc.
    A small handful of raw nuts is a good snack.

Drink water or green tea or black coffee. No sodas, not even diet ones.

And go to the gym and lift weights. That will help to shape your body so you look better.

Feb 1, 2009, 09:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen G View Post
    The simple way to lose weight without comprising your health to is replace all the while carbs in your diet (bread, rice, pasta, potatoes) with lean protein and green vegetables. Do not eating sugar or anything containing sugar (that includes almost all box breadfast cereals.

Try eating oatmeal or eggs for breakfast.
    For lunch, eat some form of lean protein (fish is excellent) with a huge green salad and a little olive oil dressing.
    Dinner: nice piece of steak or chicken, and lots of vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, green beans, aubergine, asparagus, celery, fennel, mushrooms, kale, brussel sprouts, cabbage, lettuce, watercress, courgettes, etc.
    A small handful of raw nuts is a good snack.

Drink water or green tea or black coffee. No sodas, not even diet ones.

And go to the gym and lift weights. That will help to shape your body so you look better.
    Thanks but I tried this method last year and it did nothing for me. And im not really a child who goes to the store alot, I eat fruits more than any other kid I know. My doctor said it wasn't really my eating habits but that my body contains more water than it should for a female.[/
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2009, 11:27 AM

If you eat good food and are not losing weight, then it's portion size that is the problem. You can put on weight eating tuna and lettuce if you eat enough of them. Fruit is a better choice than sweets, but it still contains a lot more calories than most people realise.

If you are retaining water, try cutting out anything salty. This includes bread, box breakfast cereal and ready meals. Eat fresh food and you should start dropping excess water.

By the way, a lower carb diet like the one I outlined tends to have the effect of causing you to lose water weight. Did that happen when you did it before?

Feb 2, 2009, 04:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen G View Post
    If you eat good food and are not losing weight, then it's portion size that is the problem. You can put on weight eating tuna and lettuce if you eat enough of them. Fruit is a better choice than sweets, but it still contains a lot more calories than most people realise.

If you are retaining water, try cutting out anything salty. This includes bread, box breakfast cereal and ready meals. Eat fresh food and you should start dropping excess water.

By the way, a lower carb diet like the one I outlined tends to have the effect of causing you to lose water weight. Did that happen when you did it before?
    No.
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2009, 04:18 PM

If you really think this is a medical matter, go back and talk to your doctor. However, if you really are holding more water than usual, I'm surprised she didn't do something about it. Too much water can lead to problems like high blood pressure etc.

However, I've got to say that I know a lot of people who are convinced they are holding water and will look ripped if only they can get rid of it. They aren't, they are just fatter than they think.

What is your height and waist size?
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2009, 04:20 PM
    Can you list what yo eat in an average day, with amounts if possible? And give an outline of how much exercise you do?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cardio vs weight training-which is more effective for quick weight loss? [ 4 Answers ]

I know most everyone makes a big deal about the "fat burning" cardio, but I also know that having a high % of lean muscle bumps up the metabolism, and burns fat faster. If you're working out hard with the weights, you are getting the old heart pumping too. What would be a good regimen for someone...

Weight loss, making my own weight loss journal [ 2 Answers ]

I am 15 and I want to lose weight and make my own weight loss journal. What are some things I sholud keep trak of? And shloud there be things I sholud add as I start, like look at taking vitmins.

50 pounds weight loss in one month: IMPOSSIBLE? [ 13 Answers ]

Basically, I'm an over-weight teenager who is wanting to lose 50 pounds in one month so badly. I don't really believe in diet pills and lyposunction. Those are never my options. I'm thinking about exercising but will that help? I mean, is it impossible to lose 50 pounds in one month? If you have...

Teen looking for your opinion on weight loss [ 5 Answers ]

Okay, I have 79 more days of summer to lose weight. I need to know the following Okay, my target areas are my stomach, my thighs, and my butt Do you think walking 1 mile 3 days a week and no eating sugar will cut it off? Please if there's anythuing you think I could do I wan the best...

Teen weight loss vs building muscle [ 3 Answers ]

Hey all, Basically what I am trying to get at is to improve myself confidence by changing the image I haveof myself. I am currently 5'10" and weight about 190, though I am dissatisfied with my body the way it is. I would like to do whta it takes to make me more comfortable when I am in public...

View more questions Search