Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmny2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2009, 05:10 PM
    Is there a temporary alternative to braces?
    My Situation:
    I'd like to get braces but I don't currently have a means of getting the money for them, being a college student most of my money is currently allocated towards my books and tuition. I know about monthly plans but I don't have a fixed income either which is why I haven't looked into it.

My questions are: is there a temporary solution to keeping my teeth from getting worse? Could I get retainers or something similar while I save money? Because, my teeth have been gapping lately, the gap is currently rather small but I'm afraid it's only going to get worse.

Thank you for your replies.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2009, 06:34 PM

I can't think of anything you can do to temporarily hold things in place. Why don't you go for a consult with an orthodontist and tell him your situation? He shouldn't have to take any x-rays or impressions for the information you are requesting. He should be able to tell you just by looking in your mouth. The only fee you should have would be an examination fee which I would think would be affordable.
    Jentau Posts: 57, Reputation: 8

Feb 17, 2009, 08:24 AM

Some places will even give you a free consultation

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I Had Braces Once, But Now. [ 4 Answers ]

I had braces for two years, from 7th-9th grade. When I got them off, I never wore my retainers, so my teeth shifted. Thankfully, my orthodontist had periodic checkups later in my 9th grade year and this isnpired me to shove my retainers back in. For a few more months, this shoving them in every...

Is any temporary hair dye REALLY temporary? [ 7 Answers ]

My hair is a really nice golden blond color and it's in really good condition, especially considering it's colored, long and curly. I'd like to go dark but only for a short while, as I really love the color I have and have gone through A lot to get it this way. If I use a temporary dye, will it...

Braces [ 4 Answers ]

My teeth are not crooked, but I hate my teeth because they are spaced out a little. I just want to have braces before I get into college or whatever. I read that uneven chewing causes major headaches and face pains, and that has been happening to me for awhile now. So I have been considering...

Braces [ 5 Answers ]

Is it a bad idea to get braces while you are missing a tooth?

Braces [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question can you drink beer.while having braces on? Thanks you

View more questions Search