Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aaguilar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2009, 03:47 PM
    Giving rights up for child
    Hey my babby daddy is in jail and he will be their for a long time. Ehat do I need 2 do for him to sign his parents rite
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2009, 03:48 PM

He can not just sign away his rights.

Are you remarried with a spouse who wishes to adopt the child?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2009, 06:56 AM

To whom is he going to sign over his rights? Why do you want him to... its not like he can use them in prison anyway.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 29, 2009, 08:04 AM

In some states long incarceration could be grounds for a TPR. But what do you think a TPR will get you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Giving Up Rights and Child Support [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriends ex-girlfriend is pregnant and she's saying that its his. He believes that it is his. He wants to give up his rights but does not know what the law is in North Dakota. Would he still have to pay child support. We have both heard that he would but have not had any valid sources. I also...

Giving up my rights of a child that I never met [ 1 Answers ]

How do I give up my rights as a father that I was told was not a father to and then after child is seven the mother gets state aid and now I am the father. I don't know this child and want nothing to do with this child and I do not to pay child support

Child support after giving up rights to child? [ 1 Answers ]

If the father gives up his rights to his child does he still have to pay child support?

Giving up rights to a child [ 1 Answers ]

My sons father and I have been split up for about 3 years now. He hasn't given me a penny ever, not even before we split up. I just want him to give up his rights. I am a single mom and I don't really need him, but I don't want him to be involved in my sons life! He's been in and out of jail the...

Giving up rights to a child [ 3 Answers ]

:D when a father gives up his rights, does he still have to pay child support? Is that the law in Illinois?

View more questions Search