Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fpsb Posts: 18, Reputation: 0

Jan 28, 2009, 02:46 PM
    stock dividend
    Will a 10% stock dividend increase the number of shares outstanding and decrease the book value per share?

I think it is true..
    MLSNC Posts: 158, Reputation: 17

Jan 28, 2009, 07:32 PM

I would agree.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accounting for treasury stock used in stock dividend [ 1 Answers ]

How do I account for treasury stock use in a stock dividend for preferred stock? What would the journal entry by? I don't believe I should debit retained earnings for this transaction, but I'm not sure what account to debit. Please Help

Calculating Preferred Stock and Common Stock Dividend [ 1 Answers ]

I want help understanding calculating dividends on preferred stock, here is the question: Golf-Easy Company has 10,000 shares of 3% preferred stock of $50 par and 25,000 shares of $100 par common stock. The following amounts were distributed as dividends: Year 1 $40,000 Year 2 ...

Stock dividend and Stock split [ 2 Answers ]

What are the diffrences between Stock Dovidend and Stock Split

Stock Split and Stock Dividend Differentiated [ 2 Answers ]

What are the differences between the accounting and securities market between the 2 methods of increasing the number of shares outstanding. The 2 methods are stock splits and stock dividends.

Stock dividend/ stock split? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, Let's say if my company began 1 Jan 2006 with 200,000 shares of $1 par value common stock outstanding. The stockholders equity is as follows: Stockholders equity Capital stock: Ordinary share, $1 par value, 1,000,000 shares authorized, 200,000 shares issued and

View more questions Search