Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    odilians10 Posts: 71, Reputation: 2

Jan 21, 2009, 09:06 AM

I no! Ill let it be this time around...
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2009, 09:09 AM

Yeah, I just read the other thread. Try to relax. Let things be. He's got a lot going on right now. You just need to wait it out and see what develops. Forcing him to make any kind of decisions right now will only put more pressure on him.

Jan 22, 2009, 08:35 AM

Thanks everyone for the advise, I finally called it quit yesterday and I'm actually relieved and hopes it remains like this. But I've another issue that I think will draw me back to him in the future, I'm 26 about to finish professional sch and get into the working world and he is 46 and one of the power players in my state and my plan after sch is to get into the social scene and I know he can get me there faster. Due to this reason I'm a little confused if I made the rite decision in terms of my career.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 22, 2009, 10:36 AM
    So you are a gold digger using the old guy to get you further in life. There was no mention of those facts in your original post.

So now since he didn't fall for the okedoke you were pulling, your career is in your hands, and up to you.

I'm sorry but this doesn't sound like your as straight up, and honest as you portrayed yourself.

You had another agenda.

due to this reason I'm a little confused if I made the rite decision in terms of my career.
    I find this thoroughly disgusting
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2009, 10:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by odilians10 View Post
    thanks everyone for the advise, i finally called it quit yesterday and im actually relieved and hopes it remains like this. but i've another issue that i think will draw me back to him in the future, i'm 26 about to finish professional sch and get into the working world and he is 46 and one of the power players in my state and my plan after sch is to get into the social scene and i know he can get me there faster. due to this reason i'm a little confused if i made the rite decision in terms of my career.
    And the true colors are revealed. Well, thanks for doing him a favor and unlatching your leachy a$$ from him so he can get a woman that deserves him...

It is always good to know that the world is full of unselfish people such as yourself... I do hope you read your post, and read it again... perhaps you will learn something from it, like how feeble minded you are acting.

Carry on... :cool:

Jan 22, 2009, 11:52 AM

I didn't mean to sound like a gold digger because I'm far from that, initially I went out with him just for fun but I ended up having real feelings for him and I care about him a whole lot I can't even believe myself sometimes, I try to never put my emotions out there becos I try to avoid getting hurt, but I did in this case and I did everything I could to make things work and have him know I'm here for him, but he just wouldn't communicate with me. I know is bad to think like this but I hate failure and I feel like I've failed in this case and getting something out of it makes me feel betta about my situation.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2009, 12:51 PM

If you really cared about this man at 26 you would be able to take yourself out of the situation and treat the man with the a bit of respect.

And if you can't manage to do it for someone else, because it seems as though you're the only one that you think about, do it for yourself. Have a bit of respect for yourself. Who's going to respect a woman who got her leg up by getting her leg over?

If you can't put your emotions out there you may never get hurt by someone else, but loneliness isn't the most comfy warm feeling is it?
    Expert

Jan 22, 2009, 05:35 PM

You haven't failed, you just didn't find the right guy who felt as you do. We all go through that. Its when we try to get something out of it, the problems start.

Learn, heal, move on.

Jan 22, 2009, 06:51 PM

I'm trying to stop thinking of it as a failure, and yes I don't need anyone to get further in life and I'm taking it one day at a time. I know is been one day and I'm doing fine with no contact. This site has really been helpful and I thank you guyz. I don't think ill give someone else a chance that easy, I say never ever but hopefully as I read more from this site ill learn that is OK...

Jan 27, 2009, 01:36 PM
    Broke my nc, it is sooooo hard, I don't know if I cant do it
    Threads merged, and edited

Ive tried no NC for 2days then the 3rd day I broke it, I had to text him to ask if we can be friends and he said yes, so we at least text/email once everyday... every morning I tell myself that I wouldn't text but I always end up texting, I don't know how to maintain NC,he's not a bad guy, he just have a lot going on in his life which I should be there for him, but I've 15% patience to stick around, I'm always back and forth with my decisions with him.. I thought a 5months old relationship should be easier to let go. I need help on how to stick to NC, I can't really go out because I'm in med sch and I've no time to go out for fun. My issue is when I'm stressed about sch I love talking to someone that has nothing to do with sch... can anyone give me an idea on what to do? Is driving me crazy
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2009, 01:49 PM

Delete his number, screen name and e-mail address
    De4rest Posts: 85, Reputation: 7

Jan 27, 2009, 02:03 PM

3 days is not enough that's for sure to do NC.. it takes months or even years for some people... make new friends from your med class..
    Expert

Jan 27, 2009, 02:39 PM

He just have a lot going on in his life which I should be there for him,
    That seems to be your version of things, but he doesn't seem to be initiating contact with you though, so leave him alone, is what you do because he doesn't seem to be as affected as you are, and that's very telling.

Jan 27, 2009, 03:54 PM

U don't have to tell me that again, he just told me he's getting back with an old girlfriend without any apologizes or gbye... is official I hate guyz now, never again...
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2009, 05:04 PM

Ya that's it write off all men because you clearly held on to the wrong one for too long.

Don't look to yourself and see that maybe it's time for some SELF evaluation rather than blanket criticism of a whole gender!

You need to take this time to look at your actions and reactions and try to understand them.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 27, 2009, 05:12 PM
    u dont have to tell me that again, he just told me he's getting back with an old girlfriend without any apologizes or gbye....is official i hate guyz now, never again...
    How old are you?

When you grow up a bit you'll realize that you can't judge everyone because of one person. Heck, if I did that I'd never have gotten married.

Jan 27, 2009, 05:24 PM

I'm a good person from the inside, attractive and educated, letting guys play games on me is what's upsetting me rite now. I know there are many wonderful men out there but I've been fooled by 2 already. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me... I can't try it out for a 3rd time, maybe with age I'll change my thinking of things... I'm just to negative for this site rite now, but I thank you guyz that have relied to my questions, you guyz are awesome...
    Expert

Jan 27, 2009, 06:34 PM

Your hurt, and disappointed, your supposed to be.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2009, 06:44 PM
    im a good person from the inside, attractive and educated, letting guys play games on me is whats upsetting me rite now. i know there are many wonderful men out there but i've been fooled by 2 already. fool me once shame on u fool me twice shame on me...i can't try it out for a 3rd time, maybe with age i'll change my thinking of things.....i'm just to negative for this site rite now, but i thank u guyz that have relied to my questions, u guyz are awesome.....
    You get knocked down tons of times in your life... the only time it can ruin you is if you stay down...

Get up, keep getting up, and know that you are eventually going to succeed. Until then, enjoy the ride.

Good luck!

Jan 28, 2009, 12:40 PM
    Anger management
    Hello everyone I already have a post on here, but I don't know where is the right place for my question, I really do need some advice on how to control anger. I have not tried a psychologist yet due to my schdule. If anyone can give me some everyday ideas or suggestions...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Help my anger [ 11 Answers ]

Hi I'm 15 years old and my name is Brandon. Ok look I have gone to counseling and anger management but none of that stuff works. My anger is starting to even scare me. I don't look for attention and if u want to tell me otherwise u might as well fuck off and pray I don't find you. Well I...

Anger Management or Immaturity [ 7 Answers ]

Hi Everyone: I'm Krissy and I'm 52 with a 7 year old son. I'm menopausal and my moods are very erratic. I lose my temper so quickly with him and I don't know what to do. A fine example is my son was playing outside after school on a school night. I waited to have dinner a little later so he...

Is anyone good at dealing with anger management? [ 3 Answers ]

Well, I guess I'll start by saying that I'm a perfectionist. I like to make plans and stick to them, and have everything in order. I don't see it as something bad, but sometimes when things don't go as planned I get really really angry. You see, my boyfriend is almost the exact opposite of me. He...

Anger management [ 4 Answers ]

I'm wondering if there is a medication that can help control anger?

What to do with anger [ 37 Answers ]

I am just writing to ask about suggestions for dealing with anger and pain of unrequited love; and the person treats you like dirt on top of it. I already know that I was stupid to let it even get that deep, let myself be used, and for me feeling the same way for so long. I totally understand, it...

View more questions Search