Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avonwood Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2009, 11:45 AM
    "Temperature Limit Circuit"
    I have a Trane XR80 gas furnace. While the blower and the vent fan are running, only cold air is coming out. After some study over internet, I found that the temperature in the furnace went up too high for various reasons (clogged air filter.. etc.) and the circuit is open, not closed. To make it reset, all you have to do is tapping the "Limit Switch (bimetal device)" with a screwdriver to have the bimetal go to its original position. It would be too expensive to pay $80 minimum trip charge to a pro for this. Please share your knowledge with me if you have any idea.

My Question : Where is the "Temperature Limit Circuit"? In Trane XR80?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 28, 2009, 12:58 PM
    Actually the device you are talking about is a SAFETY device. Now it may be to expensive for a service call but is it to expensive to replace the part to continue the safety of your family? Tapping or banging on a safety device to get it to operate is not my idea of a repair. Replace the switch before bigger problems happen.
    Norman50walker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2011, 04:38 PM
    Where is the "Temperature Limit Circuit"? In Trane XR80?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Noedyne heater "limit circuit" open [ 20 Answers ]

I have a Nordyne heater which has been working great for the last 4 years. Tonight, however, the blowers are constantly operating even though the thermostat is off. The red indicator light is indicating that the limit circuit is open or there's and external load on "W". Which I think refers to the...

MP3/4 "Music no limit" player doesn't work? Why? [ 3 Answers ]

I received a gift from my Aunt in NY (Im in Florida) & it was a blue box that says on it "Music No Limit" MP3MP4 player. OK I have never owned an Ipod(which I guess is another name for it or is it something completely different?) Im clueless, last thing I had was a portable cd player:o.. I know sad...

Nordyne Furnace "burner limit circuit open", during A/C operation [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, Hope this makes sense and required info is present. Any help or suggestions is appreciated, thanks. Furnace brand is Nordyne, about 3 years old, cooling portion model# of unit is JS3BA-036KA. This issue started last week. The A/C still works, but now the blower portion? Doesn't shut...

Furnace "burner limit circuit open", How to fix? [ 2 Answers ]

The furnace in my vacant rental property does not light. The blower runs but the igniter never glows and the gas valve does not open. The LED blinks once which means the burner limit circuit is open. How do I replace the burner limit circuit? Inside the furnace cover I found the electronic...

View more questions Search