Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    derenda Posts: 24, Reputation: -2

Jan 28, 2009, 11:33 AM
    Preparing adjusting entries
    The question is the prepaid insurance account had a 6,000 debit balance at Dec.31, 2008 before adjusting for the costs of expired coverage. An analysis of the company's insurance policies showed that 1,100 of unexpired insurance coverage remains how do I prepare this as a djusting entry
    codyman144 Posts: 544, Reputation: 31

Jan 28, 2009, 11:36 AM

Give it a try yourself and I will let you know how you did. Explain you calculations in the process please.
    derenda Posts: 24, Reputation: -2

Jan 28, 2009, 12:30 PM

I think that youtook the 1,100 of the unsed coverage and subtracted 6,000 you had as a debit balance and that's how you came up with 4,900
    codyman144 Posts: 544, Reputation: 31

Jan 28, 2009, 12:47 PM

So what would the JE be?
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2009, 01:02 PM

Debit Insurance Expense for the amount of insurance used
    Credit Prepaid Insurance for the amount of insurance used.

In your problem to calculate the amount of insurance used you need to subtract the unexpired Insurance from the amount in Prepaid Insurance. This is the amount of insurance used.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Preparing adjusting entries and closing entries [ 3 Answers ]

I cannot find any examples about this question on my book or anywhere else Please help.~ The following list includes selected permanent account and all of the temporary accounts from the December 31, 2008, unadjusted trial balance of Emiko Co. a business owned by Kumi Emiko. Use these account...

Preparing adjusting entries [ 3 Answers ]

One-third of the work related to 15,000 cash received in advance is performed this period

Preparing adjusting and closing entries [ 1 Answers ]

The following list includes selected permanent accounts and all of the temporary accounts from the December 31, 2008, unadjusted trail balance of a corporation.Journalize the adjusting entries and closing entries.This corporation uses the perpetual inventory system. Merchandise inventory...

Adjusting journal entries from adjusting column of work sheet [ 2 Answers ]

How can I prepare necessary adjusting journal entries (a) through (e) by using the following information from the Adjustments columns of a 10-column work sheet. Interest recievable (d)$880 Office supplies ...

View more questions Search