Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sarahiscool Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2006, 05:26 PM
    I have nooo idea what to really think.
    All right. I know I need to go see a doctor. I have been trying to, and it is just a bit hard. So to hold me over for now, I guess I would just like an idea of what to think. And I would appreciate it if someone would help.

I have asked about 3 people about this, and none seem to know what to tell me. My mother told me it is me just growing up. But I know no one else who has experienced this.

Well my first day of my last period was June 13th, kind of. I am a very regular girl and I have not started any new medication, no change in diet and exercise, and I have not been under a great amount of stress. I am also close 21 years old (this month) and have had a period for about 10 years. Even in the beginning I do not remember it ever being irregular. It has now been three weeks since I was supposed to get my last one.

I have noticed lately that I have been extra tired (exhausted and had to go home a few times), and have been getting migraine type of headaches lately. My chest has also swelled and it seems they are looking a bit different. And since I am so late on my period I pretty much assumed that I should take a pregnancy test. It came back negative. Sooo... I just kind of tried to keep it off my mind, even though I felt like something was not right. Since then the headaches have been getting worse to the point that I feel nauseus.

Twice now since all this started, during rough sex I have bled after wards. It was pink and it would stop after about an hour. This freaks me out since I have never bled during or after sex.

On Monday (close to the three week late mark) I saw spotting and I thought my period was about to start. Well I bled a pretty decent flow Tuesday, but nothing that is how it usually is for me. And I mean that it was lighter than what I usually have. Sorry about this part being disgusting, but parts of it were clumpy and looked a bit mucusy and some of the blood was brown. And like most women, I get severe cramps, but this time they did not hurt THAT bad. Then it all stopped, and every once in a while there is a little bit of blood. It has come and gone about twice since Wednesday, and both times it stopped after a few minutes.

So I just have no idea if I was pregnant and I miscarried. Or not. Or if I was never ever pregnant and if I should be worried about this? Or if this is common in women around my age on developing or anything?

Thanks!
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Aug 5, 2006, 11:50 PM
    As we get older our hormones tend to change from time to time. I know mine did and you will find a lot of women one here that went through the same type of changes. While this may not be typical of anyone you know your not alone in this. There are many possibilities as to why this happened, only your dr can tell you what's truly going on. We of course can speculate and tell you to go and see your dr. (which is what I recommend). I would say it is a possible miscarriage, but it could also be a fluctuation in your hormones which usually happens around this point in a young woman's lifetime. Sometimes, you will get a false negative hpt. Go see your dr and tell him/her what your experiencing. That is the only way to know for sure what is happening with your body. I know this probably doesn't answer any of your questions and probably just makes you want to ask more. I would definitely go see your dr and let us know what is said so that we will be able to help more people in your situation. And stick around. This place is great for a laugh from time to time, and to ask more questions too.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2006, 09:20 PM
    See your doctor immediately. (S)he can do more conclusive tests to find out if you are pregnant or not. If it's not pregnancy then (s)he'll have some ideas as to what else it could be.

Aug 26, 2006, 11:11 PM
    Oh jeeze you guys.

I still have not been able to see the doctor! Ahh! I was hoping that by now I would have something to say.

But no! Still no period either. I am now over a month and a half late. This is stupid.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2006, 03:25 AM
    You could have had a miscarriage, some women have one without even knowing. Sometimes after a miscarriage, if that is what it was? Then it might take a while to get back to a normal cycle because it takes time for you to heal. Also I would be concerned that it could be a medical problem, get your insides checked out. I would get a bunch of tests. Blood work and pap smear.

Aug 27, 2006, 03:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    You could have had a miscarriage, some women have one without even knowing. Sometimes after a miscarriage, if that is what it was? Then it might take a while to get back to a normal cycle because it takes time for you to heal. Also I would be concerned that it could be a medical problem, get your insides checked out. I would get a bunch of tests. blood work and pap smear.

Yeah. Well the thing is, my last pap smear was the day of/day after my last period. And everything was fine at that time.

I do have something wrong, I have had mild displasia in my cervix in the past, but that pap smear came back clean. So that does have me worried about that particular area.

Ha.. but I would definitely rather have a child than have to deal with cancer.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 27, 2006, 04:45 AM
    Sarah,

It is time to go to the doctor. If you are pregnant you need to get on prenatal vitamins.

If, in fact it was a miscarriage, your doctor needs to make sure that you shed the entire lining of your uterus so that further complications do not arise.

Please call your doctor tomorrow and make an appointment, this is the only body you have and you need to take care of it.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2006, 06:14 AM
    If you truly want to have children you will take care of yourself very well and thoroughly get yourself checked out. Keeping yourself well, will intern give you better chanches of conceiving.

Joe
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Aug 27, 2006, 08:30 AM
    Yup... you need to get yourself checked out. J9 is right, if you did miscarry, you have to make sure everything has been shed.

Another thought, and I know this has happened to more than one person I know, you may have been pregnant with more than one baby and maybe miscarried one but are still pregnant. That is completely possible, especially seeing as you still don't have a period. I know I used to get a lot of headaches when I was first pregnant.

Nonetheless... you need to go to the doctor. You need to find out what is going on. Joe had a very good point, you do need to take care of this body, or you might not be able to conceive in the future.

Aug 27, 2006, 12:12 PM
    Oh my gosh. I need to shed? I never heard of this.

You guys are so kind. I appreciate it.

I will try my darndest to get in this week. And then I will report back to you all!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need SERIOUS Help with gift idea! [ 6 Answers ]

I am 22 years old and have been bestest friends with Tess since we were 4 years old, yep that's 18 years - a really old time. She is very dear to me and the truest friend I've ever had but that also means we've given each other every possible B-day and Christmas gift under the sun. Seriously, I am...

I have no idea what the hell I want to do [ 2 Answers ]

I am an overthinker, I cannot stop thinking about aspects of my life others lives, heck, the world in general, and this stopps me being able to just do a normal job, I simply cannot settle for a career in reatil or office work, but equally I have to many other talents and interest to choose one,...

An idea [ 1 Answers ]

I have an idea, maybe I should order one of those blow up male dolls, Just to see how he reacted to that, maybe he will join in or just pop it and start having sex with me again. :rolleyes:

Have an idea [ 2 Answers ]

This is a really good place to get your own websites. I use it for my own business. Its only $4 a month with no hidden charges. You do not have to know web design, If you can use this site, then you can easily create an effective site of your own. No software to buy or download. Everything is...

View more questions Search