Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dompa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2006, 05:00 PM
    Cd-rom drive is busy
    Greetings!
    I try to install from a cd and get the following message

"cd-rom drive is busy, close all other programs and try again (sometimes it helps to eject the disk and reinsert it)"

The cd is working properly on other pcs.Any help is welcome!
    dxviii Posts: 39, Reputation: 4

Aug 5, 2006, 06:50 PM
    If rebooting don't correct the problem, try uninstalling it in your device manager. I would also try updating the drivers. After you uninstall reboot the computer, it will install itself if it is a Windows OS.
    dompa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2006, 02:48 AM
    Many thanks for your help.I'll try that and post again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

Modems on one drive not on other drive [ 3 Answers ]

Help I have a compaq 501OUS pent 3 win ME. I have a 2 gig hardrive I have no problem going on line, when I took my 2gig hardrive out and put a 40gig hardrive in my moden won't respond, I have reinstall the modem(US Robotics PCI Faxmodem includes V.92 and V.90 ITU standard technologies) physycly...

Busy gal tries to stay current with news [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a busy 16-year-old who's involved in academics, extracurriculars, and then some. It's difficult to keep up with news, especially in a time like this, yet I'm continually curious, worried, and wanting to know of current events. When time permits, I'll take my time to read through the newspaper...

View more questions Search