Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cheeto1234 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2009, 11:02 PM
    How to get Computer Sound
    Hi, my name is Maria and I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 530/531 computer. I forgot to ask for "sound" to be added in the package price. How do I get sound, now that I have the computer? Thanks. Maria
    loopy123 Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Jan 28, 2009, 12:02 AM
    You don't ask for sound it is already there. I would suggest reading the documentation that came with the computor or go to the control panel and click on the icon, sound and audio devices and click on the tab 'sounds' and see if the machine actually makes a sound, failing that click on the hardware tab to see if there are audio drivers in the box. If they don't work click on the trouble shoot tab and follow the promts. The audio tab should tell youwhat the default device is.:confused:
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

Jan 28, 2009, 12:03 AM

I think that sound may already be built in. Try this. Plug in any headphone into the computer at the headphone icon. Then go to any site that has video. (Local news channels work great). Try to play the video. Hear anything? If so, you have sound. If not, look on the lower right side of the screen. Do you see a icon that looks like a speaker? Check to see if there is a red circle around it. If so, the sound is muted, and you need to click there to un-mute it. Otherwise you can adjust the volume for your headphones. Now the easy part. Speakers are very inexpensive, and can be purchased just about anywhere. If you buy a set, just follow the instructions on your set up guide, and plug them in the back. Or, if you don't want to disturb anyone, keep using the headphone jack in the front.

Hope that helps!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer sound [ 1 Answers ]

I must have uninstalled something on my computer because the sound when we listen to music or video's or anyone talking.. its going in fast speed and it sounds like the chipmunks. I remember months ago I unistalled something and I can remember what, but since then my computer voice is all wacked...

I have no sound in my computer at all [ 2 Answers ]

I tried anything I know to fix that but I cant.. how do I fix the sound problem in my computer?:(

No sound in computer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi friends. Last month I bought a second hand SONY VAIO PCV-W111 desktop, the OS was XP home edition in japanese, I installed win xp pro in english on that. After that there is no sound in my PC and TV tuner is also not working .I don't know which sound card is using in my PC , can any body tell...

Computer sound [ 1 Answers ]

How do I adjust the sound on my computer (XP) so that it does not sound like it is coming from a barrel?

No sound after reformatting the computer [ 2 Answers ]

I recently reformatted my computer And everything works properly on my computer but there is no sound at all Even when I turn the computer on, there is no sound And I checked several times if the speaker is not connected Properly.. Motherboard ID <DMI> Dell Inc. Dimension 8400 Intel...

View more questions Search