Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 2, 2009, 07:25 AM

It says in the Bible that being 'gay' is wrong
    It also says don't judge, so which is the greater sin? According to my Christian friends the sins are equal so being wrong can fall on us all.
    bobbalina Posts: 145, Reputation: 4

Feb 2, 2009, 07:53 AM

People will do what they please... im not judging I mean what's wrong is wrong...
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2009, 08:18 AM

If your employer is isolating and discriminating you it is against the law.

You need to seek out an attorney and protect yourself and your job. Most attorney's will take employment cases on a contingency (not collecting fees unless you win your case), but it is in your best interest to speak with an attorney on that matter.

I do not choose to be straight anymore than I believe that gay people choose to be gay. As a human and a Christian my position is not to judge a person on who they sleep with but for who they are as a person.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2009, 08:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbalina View Post
    it says in the Bilble that being 'gay' is wrong

Why do you used inverted commas around the word gay?

The OP did ask for all opinions on this thread so in all fairness I think that bobbalina has as much right as the opinions I agree with to post their opinion.

But a word to the wise, carefully read the bible before you 'quote' it. And remember that the Bible was not written by god. It was written by men, ironically with free will. They may or may not have used it to alter the words of god.

And to bobbalina, you've expressed your opinion, that was all that this thread asked for.

To anyone 'peeved' (as I must admit I was) I would not recommend making this thread a fight between the LGBT and religious communities.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 2, 2009, 08:25 AM
    it says in the Bilble that being 'gay' is wrong and i will never change my opinion on it...and its a He, it says it in there too...all that stuff you said that God didnt inntend on it well its not his doing its satan's...your not an athiest are you? God does not hate gay people. God really loves all people. God does hate the homosexual acts. God's son Jesus died so that none, NONE, should perish. God forgives everyone that sins so long as they repent. Repenting is not just saying that you are sorry, it is realizing that it is a sin and trying to not do it again. According to the bible the homosexual acts are a sin. So is lying, cheating, stealing and many, many more things. All of these sins anger God but as a parent He still loves his children.
    Do you eat shellfish? That's not allowed either, according to the bible.

You also included lying in that list. Of course it's a sin, but can you honestly tell me that you never lie? I know I do.

Have you ever cheated? On anything? I think everyone has.

Hmmm, maybe none of us are going to heaven, after all, no one is without sin.

Judge not lest you be judged. It's a slippery slope.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2009, 08:26 AM

I don't really care which one you chose to be honest, I don't judge them on there sexual preference but on what stupid acts them or anyone does. Like riding with a right blinker on for 2 miles then making a left!

Sorry, had to vent on moron drivers this morning!

Feb 2, 2009, 08:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by neverme View Post
    Why do you used inverted commas around the word gay??

The OP did ask for all opinions on this thread so in all fairness I think that bobbalina has as much right as the opinions I agree with to post their opinion.

But a word to the wise, carefully read the bible before you 'quote' it. And remember that the Bible was not written by god. It was written by men, ironically with free will. They may or may not have used it to alter the words of god.

And to bobbalina, you've expressed your opinion, that was all that this thread asked for.

To anyone 'peeved' (as I must admit I was) I would not reccomend making this thread a fight between the LGBT and religious communities.
    Get your facts straight God told those men what to right... 'men of God'... I did read it and it says God loves all people and doesn't like the homosexual act... anybody can judge... God condemns... which chooses your judgment
    Pets Expert

Feb 2, 2009, 08:58 AM

God condemns
    What happened to "God loves all his children?"
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2009, 09:06 AM
    get your facts straight God told those men what to right...'men of God'...i did read it and it says God loves all people and doesnt like the homosexual act...anybody can judge...God condemns...which chooses your judgment

I'd just like to tell you that 'to write' is spelt 'write' not 'right'.

That's all I'm going to say because I don't want this to turn into a battle, as I said.

Feb 2, 2009, 09:10 AM
    Well my bad dam it!
    Pets Expert

Feb 2, 2009, 09:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by neverme View Post
    I'd just like to tell you that 'to write' is spelt 'write' not 'right'.

That's all I'm going to say because I don't want this to turn into a battle, as I said.
    You're right.

This isn't the right place to continue this, it will go south very quickly.

I'll back down now. It's just so frustrating! :(

Feb 2, 2009, 09:15 AM

Well it's the same as a liar and a thief you're the one who chooses the way you live... if it isn't through God sorry but your going to hell

Feb 2, 2009, 09:17 AM

You told me to base my opinion quit f'n judging me
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2009, 09:20 AM

Bobbalina, you are entitled to your interpretation of the bible but you do not know where anyone is going. Last time I checked even the church is screwed up. This is a relationship board, not a religious one. The OP asked our opinion on the subject, not "God's" opinion. If you don't like gays, fine by it, I'm sure there are choices you have made that "God" wouldn't agree with either.
    Pets Expert

Feb 2, 2009, 09:41 AM
    you told me to base my opinion quit f'n judging me
    Bob, you're judging others but you don't want to be judged? We're just stating our opinions too, are we not allowed to do that?

You can't have it both ways. You do have to realize that many people don't agree with your opinion. Yes, you do have a right to your opinion, that's a human right that all of us have. I just happen to disagree with you.

You judged, now you're being judged, ring a bell?

If your belief gives you comfort, well, you're lucky. I cannot accept a God that pushes aside his creation. If he created the world, then didn't he also create homosexuality? If so, then why would he turn his back on homosexuals? That just doesn't make any sense to me. I don't believe that it's God that hates homosexuality, only man has the capability to hate, God is supposed to be all loving, that's what I believe.

Enough. Sorry everyone, I just couldn't let it drop without saying my peace. Religion and sex have never mixed, if we want to discuss this further perhaps a new thread should be opened. Bob, I'm more than willing to discuss this with you, start a thread in relgious discussions, post the link, I'll be there.

Peace.
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2009, 09:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Bob, you're judging others but you don't want to be judged? We're just stating our opinions too, are we not allowed to do that?

You can't have it both ways. You do have to realize that many people don't agree with your opinion. Yes, you do have a right to your opinion, that's a human right that all of us have. I just happen to disagree with you.

You judged, now you're being judged, ring a bell?

If your belief gives you comfort, well, you're lucky. I cannot accept a God that pushes aside his creation. If he created the world, then didn't he also create homosexuality? If so, then why would he turn his back on homosexuals? That just doesn't make any sense to me. I don't believe that it's God that hates homosexuality, only man has the capability to hate, God is supposed to be all loving, that's what I believe.

Enough. Sorry everyone, I just couldn't let it drop without saying my peace. Religion and sex have never mixed, if we want to discuss this further perhaps a new thread should be opened. Bob, I'm more than willing to discuss this with you, start a thread in relgious discussions, post the link, I'll be there.

Peace.

In the voice of the main actor in "Meet The Spartans"

"You got served"

Feb 2, 2009, 12:20 PM

Like I said to me it isn't right but whatever I gave my opinion
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2009, 01:05 PM

I personally don't care if you're gay, straight, bi, lesbian, blue, black, purple, brown, small, fat, skinny, tall, or whatever. It's how you act as a person and how you act toward me that governs whether I like you or not.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 2, 2009, 02:20 PM

That's enough opinions on this subject!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tell me honestly what I should do. [ 14 Answers ]

I'm 13 and I want a baby really really REALLY bad!! I've had sex before 3 times so I know what its like, and I don't know I just really want a kid. But I know my parents would litterly KILL me so tell me what I should do! Thanks<3

I honestly don't know what I've done wrong so many times. [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for over a year, living together. He is a bit relentless with the things I have said to him in the past, the times we fought, I just left to avoid a fight. I see now that it really hurt him when I would step outside just to breathe. He has done things to...

Answer honestly [ 3 Answers ]

:) :) do you prefer a woman be feminine, or manly... EXAMPLE: hang out with the guys, or go shopping

Moving on.Honestly, how? [ 4 Answers ]

So here's my story.. I met a boy named brandon, we fell in love and it was perfection at its finest. Its weird, when your with someone, you knows its right.. you feel it, you see it, and you live it. We had the perfect love, late nights and laughs. We dated for over a year, we were eachothers first...

View more questions Search