Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Jan 27, 2009, 07:18 PM
    Who will defend you?

Do you think the politicians or the government will defend you in your own home?

G&P
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 27, 2009, 07:35 PM

Surely the criminal would not want to make me feel bad. They would not want to hurt my rights.
    We all need to hold hands and sing Kum Ba Yah
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2009, 07:41 PM
    You know, some would say you are trying to put fear into us. This is real, this is normal to fear. Why can't some people get that we can be scared, and with that fear, we MUST keep our rights to bear arms. We MUST protect ourselves. I agree with those men, I would never hesitate to do what that man sitting in prison did. Poor man.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2009, 06:29 AM
    Hello in:

The POINT you make, is that the ENTIRE Constitution must be upheld... At least it's the POINT I'm making...

If you think the Amendment against the government spying on us should go... And if you think the Amendment that protects us from cruel and unusual punishment should be done away with.. And, if you want to weaken the Amendment that separates church from state... And, you want to do away with the Amendment that gives ALL our prisoners due process of law...

Then you shouldn't snivel when the Amendment you DO support gets weakened or done away with altogether.

excon
    TexasParent Posts: 378, Reputation: 73

Jan 29, 2009, 07:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello in:

The POINT you make, is that the ENTIRE Constitution must be upheld.... At least it's the POINT I'm making....

If you think the Amendment against the government spying on us should go.... And if you think the Amendment that protects us from cruel and unusual punishment should be done away with.. And, if you want to weaken the Amendment that separates church from state... And, you want to do away with the Amendment that gives ALL our prisoners due process of law....

Then you shouldn't snivel when the Amendment you DO support gets weakened or done away with altogether.

excon

Excon,

**GREENIE**

Excellent post.

Tex.
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Jan 29, 2009, 02:31 PM
    Hello in:

The POINT you make, is that the ENTIRE Constitution must be upheld.... At least it's the POINT I'm making....

If you think the Amendment against the government spying on us should go.... And if you think the Amendment that protects us from cruel and unusual punishment should be done away with.. And, if you want to weaken the Amendment that separates church from state... And, you want to do away with the Amendment that gives ALL our prisoners due process of law....

excon
    We have serious disagreements here Ex.

You think civilian-clad terrorist forces captured outside of the USA are entitled to Constitutional protection. I do not!
    You seem (ccorrect me if I am wrong) to think that separation of Church and State means that the State must be anti-Church. I do not!
    You apparently see no difference between criminals in this country and terrorists from elsewhere. I do see a significant difference.

We disagree. You have the right to be wrong.

Jan 29, 2009, 08:34 PM
    Hello in:

excon
    Does the government sp on me ? On you? Do you know that for sure?
    I do know that credit card companies and banks and credit rating agencies know more about you and I than this government.

Where did I say that I'm FOR cruel and unusual punishment ?

Speaking of separating church and state look up FOCA - now doctors and Catholic hospitals cannot follow their own conscienes?

I know you are referring to Gitmo, but #1 do they even meet Geneva convention designations as POWs? #2 do you want to give non-citizens US rights?

Then again you never opined on the video?

How about you? You are in your own home, greater than 10 minutes from the police. How do you react to 2 burglars breaking into your home and stealing your stuff and perhaps physically threatening you and your family, and you have a gun. What do you do? Politely ask to call for police and have them wait to be arrested?

G&P
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2009, 04:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by galveston View Post
    You have the right to be wrong.
    Hello Gal:

**Reddie** Just like you gave me... Nahhh. This is REDDER than the one you gave me!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 30, 2009, 05:51 AM

The troube with Gitmo we should have just let them be held by the Iraq government in Iraq prisons and never brought to them an area considered US soil.
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2009, 07:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox View Post
    you never opined on the video..... What do you do?
    Hello again, in:

What I DO, is support ALL the Amendments, even the ones I disagree with...

But, WAIT a minute... I don't disagree with ANY of 'em. THEY are what defines us. THEY are what makes us different. THEY are worth laying down my life for, and the reasons I spilled my blood for my country. THEY are what keep us free.

THEY'RE pretty good. I like 'em. ALL of 'em. Call me crazy, but I believe in 'em.

I think the above IS an opinion of the video.

excon

Jan 30, 2009, 04:33 PM

Did you get the point of the video.

Criminals have the rights. You want to give non-US citizen GITMO prisoners rights that they do not deserve; this puts us ordinary folk at risk.

How aout you write your local congressperson to have the GITMO prisoners released in YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD, since you so believe in their innocence?

G&P
    trmpldonagn Posts: 252, Reputation: 15

Jan 30, 2009, 11:24 PM

Inthebox, MY GOODNESS! I was just browsing around and saw this. I am very surprised that there has not been a reply. Yes, posted almost 2 years ago, but I do wonder what they would reply to your final message. I think the cat may have caught their tongue on this one. Kudos to you and best wishes always! I will try to learn more and keep up to date. This subject is an absolute shame to say the least. Thanks for the post though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Intent to defend in OH [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I need to file a notice of intent to defend in Ohio, for a claim filed against me in small claims court. I haven't even begun drafting it, but it needs to be filed in court I believe by today. It may be too late actually. I thought I had until today but the court docket indicated...

Intent to defend [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having the same problems right now, but don't know where to start I went to the court house where I was being summoned and asked for a court waiver And the clerk can't tell what form I should use for the intent to defend and request of DV. I live in California and looked at the website...

Intent to Defend [ 1 Answers ]

Would someone mind explaining what an "Intent to Defend" letter is? I just received a summons(8,000 credit card debt) on Thursday indicating I have 10 days to respond. How much time will it buy me by filing this letter? How can I obtain proof that I owe this dept? Thanks. BB

Intent to Defend [ 2 Answers ]

I would like a sample form on filing a intent to defend

View more questions Search