Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eph9011 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2009, 07:13 PM
    Occasional thoughts of failure?
    I was thinking about how I used to do tons of things that were really good, how I used to be sort of more successful with relationships, good at school (I haven't really started college yet) and how everything was bad but would get better quickly... Now it seems that I don't do these things good enough, that I might have a good week and suddenly two bad weeks, I usually try to blame it on everyone, including God, but I know I am the one to blame, I would like to know if there's something I should try thinking about, or something... Because I am losing it right now, not that desperate but damn, because of my fear of being bad and rejected I screwed up and I'm currently losing a girl that I like very much, I'm feeling lazy and haven't been paying attention to my classes and stuff, things like that... I know I can do something about it, it's just weird enough not to know what that is exactly...

I just realized the whole thing I wrote up there might get confusing or repetitive, so I'll summarize it into a simple question just in case: How do I let myself know that I'm not a failure? How do I sort of make myself alive again?
    jenn4094u Posts: 128, Reputation: 6

Jan 27, 2009, 10:10 PM

Do things that make you happy. Hobbies, activities with friends, reading a good book. Whatever makes you happy and feel good, do it. I actually took up cake decorating and it is the most relaxing thing I do! If that's not for you, find something , anything that makes you feel good about you. You also might want to talk to your family doctor and see if you may be suffering from depression. Loss of interest is a big warning sign for depression. You don't have to cry your eyes out for weeks straight to be depressed. I am taking a low dose of Zoloft because I was just getting moody and lazy. Those were my warning signs. You don't have to be a psycho to need medication!
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

Jan 27, 2009, 10:19 PM
    Go to a book store and look for books that are on positive thinking.
    That should get you to thinking on the right track. Years ago Norman Vincent Peale
    Wrote a book called "Power of Positive Thinking" and it was a very good book. I'm
    Sure there are good book out there that can help you. Think Good Thoughts!
    Choose to think positive.

Maggie 3
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2009, 10:24 PM

Life cycles like a wave, there are ups and downs. A down means that a great up is right around the corner. You aren't failing, you're growing. Relax about it, if you're uptight and watching your "success" all the time, the wave just goes up your nose. Set aside a time to pray daily. Listen to, as well as talk to God.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2009, 12:59 AM

Hi, eph9011!

You've already received some excellent answers above!

You're not a failure as long as you keep trying. A person only fails, if they fail to try. You're trying now, so you're not failing.

I don't like to ever think of a person as being a failure, and wish that the word failure wasn't used as a possible description for people. In order for a person to be successful, they might have to, and often do, encounter many failed attempts at things in their lives. That's the way that life is.

To me, a big part of life is about making choices; dealing with the cards that a person has been dealt and cost and benefit. I don't mean cost and benefit in the terms of money.

What do you think is the main, number one thing that's troubling you right now, please?

Thanks!
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2009, 11:18 AM

You have to stop feeling sorry for yourself, and set out to develop a well-rounded life. A couple of sports, a hobby or two, education, altruistic volunteering, a circle of positive friends...

Each individual makes his or her life, and it takes effort. That is what makes you feel successful. :)

PS No drugs or alcohol--that destroys a person pretty fast.

Best wishes,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Constant thoughts - my thoughts are never ending [ 18 Answers ]

Hello there - I'm trying to get some answers regarding my newest problem. I can't go to my pysch. About this because I've tried but every time I try to explain this to someone (counselor, pysch. parents.. ) they think I have an "issue". ADHD, anxiety, and the list goes on and on. I'm so sick of...

Occasional light Blink [ 1 Answers ]

I have 150 Amp svc, #01 Copper to meter, all usual American appliances.. When the dryer, or A//c comes on, lights blink, and seems at times, will get a blink, when doing nothing, Could a neighbors stuff cause this.?

Older cat occasional vomiting [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 13 year old siamese (possibly balinese) cat. They eat dry food during the day and at night they are used to betting a 1/2 can each of wet food as a treat. Recently, my husband switched from wet pouch type food to a well known brand of canned food. Before the cat is finised eating even...

Very occasional icing [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 10 yr old Trane XE1100 AC (no heat) which ices up at random unpredictable times. It has been doing this for several months. Cooling is good. I installed a new contactor recently because it showed black deposits at the contacts. The unit was recharged about a month ago, last time was 2...

Occasional Blower Problem [ 3 Answers ]

This is an Intertherm electric heat and A/C Model #FEH-015HA in a mobile home. Last winter heat & blower would not come on and I replaced relay and heat and A/C worked OK. Now, using heat, sometimes heat will come on but not blower. (Blower is on a time delay). Capaciter seems OK since it...

View more questions Search