Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaitlyndiane Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2009, 04:05 PM
    Information on g.e.d
    I'm 16, and I'm debating on dropping out of school... but ever since I was 8 I wanted to be a pharmacist, is it possible to get into a college with a g.e.d? My friends say you can't and I was worried... please help! :confused:
    kaitlyndiane Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2009, 04:24 PM
    Can you go to college with a g.e.d?
    Ok, so I'm 16 and currently I'm in high school, but I'm seriously considering dropping out. And I want to get my g.e.d when I'm able to. But my question is, can you go to college with one? My friends tell me I won't be able to, so I'm confused.

Ever since I was 8 I've wanted to be a pharmacist, and possibly own my own pharmacy. And the college that I've had my heart set on since then was Georgia Southern, its close and my sister went there to be a teacher. I don't know how to look that up, but I'm wondering if I'm able to be accepted, will that college accept a student with a g.e.d instead of a High School Deploma?

My reason for wanting to drop out:
    I've been a student at a high school with 4 classes a day, and I failed my french 2 class and world history as well. Anyway, I had to move because my grandparents (both of them) recently discovered that they have had cancer for the past 8 years, they just started their kemo and they're not taking it well at all. So my family had to move here closer to them in order to help, because that's what families do they stick together. I hate my new school, I'm now having to take 7 classes a day which that means now I am one year behind of graduating anyway. For my whole school life I've been an A+ student, always on honor roll, except for the occaisonal C and B's, so me failing those to classes were a shock. So I feel as if I am waisting my time, I want to graduate when I'm supposed to because that's what I've always wanted to do, but if I cant, then why bother? Also I'm having difficulty finding friends here, all the girls are whores (honestly) and sorry if that seems rude but it's the truth. I have a boyfriend back where I came from, so I can't have any guy friends, he's really jealous, but I love him so I tolerate it. No one here likes me, seriously, I was a cheerleader where I came from, and on the color guard too, now I'm no one. I used to have really bad depression problems in 8th-9th grade, well they've come back, and I hate it. Ever since I moved here to this school I've been having problems. So I'm wanting to drop out, no it may not be the smartest decision I've ever made but hey, what can I do? One person can only handle so much at one time, and my plate is full. So if you read this, please answer my question, I really need help, I don't know where else to turn.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 27, 2009, 04:35 PM

The answer is yes, you can get into college with a GED. But it will be much harder especially with the profession you've chosen. Dropping out will make you look like a quitter which is not going to help you get into a school.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 27, 2009, 05:03 PM

Yes, and to be honest, you will have to quit to go study for a very hard GED test.

What you need is good grades and to work very hard in high school, to learn and get the basics that you will need.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who has any information? [ 2 Answers ]

Can wages that are being garnish add interest in TN?

About L.I.F.O Information [ 4 Answers ]

Hello! I want to ask question about the L.I.F.O (Last in Last Out). Question is: Where do companies use the L.I.F.O. Method. Thanks for you advise.:)

I need information please [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm eighteen years old and I'm a CCD teacher, meaning I teach religion to second graders. This week we need to talk about them about x-mas and its meaning. So I would like to ask anyone if they know that history of the candy cane? Or what about what is advent? And what's the real meaning...

Information [ 1 Answers ]

How to remove ignition cylinder from a 1991 :D honda accord:D

Some information [ 2 Answers ]

Don't exactly know if if is related to psychic abilites but can anyone often any info on psychokinesis can't seem to find much on the subject.

View more questions Search