Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrcllc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2009, 01:34 PM
    Earning money while on workmans comp
    Can a person earn money while on workmans comp, ie-have a website etc (not a job)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2009, 02:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcllc View Post
    Can a person earn money while on workmans comp, ie-have a website ect (not a job)

As long as you report the income to WC you can earn income as often and in any amount you wish. If you are claiming you are totally disabled due to an injury covered by WC, then you obviously cannot. You are either 100% disabled or you are not.

The best way to determine this is, of course, to ask the comp carrier - but that will tip them off that you are able to do some work if they don't know.

I don't know what your comp carrier does - I am aware that disability carriers sometimes require the claimant to furnish a copy of tax returns to prove there is no outside employment.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 27, 2009, 02:42 PM

Yes, you have to report any and all "work" and income.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Workmans comp [ 11 Answers ]

I was recently hurt on the job and suffered a broken wrist resulting in about 50-60 percent loss of use of my wrist and some loss of finger motion.My question is there a compensation settlement because of any permanent damage to me. I have been with this company for 22 plus years and they have been...

Workmans comp [ 4 Answers ]

If I am on workmans comp. and still working but with weight restrictions am I able to get a part time job, with out messing up my claim

Working while on Workmans Comp [ 6 Answers ]

Are you allowed to work for somebody else while you are on WC and not working for your current employer?

Accident , Workmans comp. [ 8 Answers ]

I was injured at work. A box truck hit me on the site. The company has claimed resposeability of the driver. It is treated as a vechicle accident. I have a LLC and no workman's comp. Should the company the driver worked for be liable ,for my workman comp ,or the company I worked for? I am self...

Workmans comp- unemployment [ 2 Answers ]

Ill. Hello this is going to be a long ? So please bare with me. Thank you mar 13 slipped on freezer floor after someone mopped it out and I was unaware. Filling out paper work to go dr. and in walks boss and fires me for unrelated situation. Boss said if I resigned they would not contest...

View more questions Search