Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Jan 26, 2009, 11:57 AM
    Free will?
    [QUOTE=firmbeliever;1034296]Six Articles of Faith of every Muslim-

6-Divine pre-ordainment.
    Surah Al Hadid (57:22,23)
    “No calamity befalls on the earth or in yourselves but is inscribed in the Book of Decrees (Al-Lauh Al-Mahfûz), before We bring it into existence. Verily, that is easy for Allâh.
    In order that you may not be sad over matters that you fail to get, nor rejoice because of that which has been given to you. And Allâh likes not prideful boasters.”

4-Fasting the month of Ramadan
    Fasting the month of Ramadan is to abstain from food, drink and sexual intercourse from the time of early morning prayer till sunset.

So there is no free will? We are programed to follow the path laid out for us? If we have no choices to make, then why do we make them. A mass murderer is programed to kill the second he is born? With no choice, there is no right or wrong. Please correct me if I am not understanding this correctly.

Do they abstain from food, water, and sexual intercourse for the entire month or just one day of that month? Couldn't that kill you? Well, not the sex part, but the food and water.;)
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2009, 01:08 PM
    [QUOTE=cozyk;1509420]
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever View Post
    Six Articles of Faith of every Muslim-

6-Divine pre-ordainment.
    Surah Al Hadid (57:22,23)
    “No calamity befalls on the earth or in yourselves but is inscribed in the Book of Decrees (Al-Lauh Al-Mahfûz), before We bring it into existence. Verily, that is easy for Allâh.
    In order that you may not be sad over matters that you fail to get, nor rejoice because of that which has been given to you. And Allâh likes not prideful boasters.”

4-Fasting the month of Ramadan
    Fasting the month of Ramadan is to abstain from food, drink and sexual intercourse from the time of early morning prayer till sunset.

So there is no free will? We are programed to follow the path laid out for us? If we have no choices to make, then why do we make them. A mass murderer is programed to kill the second he is born? With no choice, there is no right or wrong. Please correct me if I am not understanding this correctly.

Do they abstain from food, water, and sexual intercourse for the entire month or just one day of that month? Couldn't that kill you? Well, not the sex part, but the food and water.;)

Hello Cozyk,

I have sent a request to make your question a new thread,hope you don't mind as this thread is a sticky, I would like to keep it separate from any questions and answers even if they are related to this thread.

About the decree, some people call it destiny, Muslims believe that Allah already knows the future and the past and the present.
    We as humans do not know what will befall us.
    For a muslim it is about making choices but we should not berate ourselves for the things that do not work out or be boastful of the things that we do achieve. It was meant to happen and muslims believe in being thankful when we have the things we need and to bear in patience when things get hard in our lives.
    Muslim belief is that good and bad that happens to us are tests, whether we are grateful to the Almighty,pray for his Mercy and remember Allah both in times of happiness and sadness.

Regarding fasting, we fast one whole month,every day starting from dawn till sunset.We do not,eat,drink or have sexual relations during the hours from dawn prayer call till sunset prayer call.

And pregnant women,breast feeding women,sick people have the option of fasting later when they are feeling better,but before the next fasting month.
    Menstruating women and women bleeding after giving birth do not fast during that period,but catch up with lost fasts during the year before the next fasting month.

Old people or people with life-long illnesses have the option of feeding a poor person for every day they do not fast,they do not need to catch up on their fasts later,but they may fast if they are able to.

Hope this was helpful.
    hmorrar Posts: 57, Reputation: 0

Apr 12, 2009, 11:08 AM
    [QUOTE=cozyk;1509420]
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever View Post
    [U]

the easiest part is the month of Ramadan, yes you hold that for part of the day, from dawn to sunset

the second part is also easy, fate is preset incidents that will happen to anyone, but it is dervied from our actions, this is because God knows everything before it happens, so God knew that XYZ will steel money on that day from the shop, so his fate was that a policeman will be walking by and catch him! So he had free well and not programmed

The verse explains how everything happens around us is alreay written to happen, this involves things we have choice with and things we don't. For example raining at day x on time z is set by God as we cannot do anything about it! Someone killing another is also fate just like you have the choice to jump over a building.

but the most important thing to know is that nothing will happen including our free well outside the universal well of God, so if God's well was not for that person to be killed, he would not have been there to be killed in the first place!

Please let me know if you need more explainations thanks
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2009, 12:30 PM

hmorrar,
    Please use the quote button right.
    Those questions were not asked by me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free/Almost Free Online Multiplayer Games [ 51 Answers ]

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone could recommend any free/nearly free online multiplayer games. A few friends and I are looking for some good games over the internet. Preferably something other than a MMORPG as you have to devote a lot of time to those in order to keep up with each other. ...

Free Glasses - Free Eye Exam [ 12 Answers ]

Check out the tips and explanations, below, from our Vision Expert. Please do not post replies in this thread. If you have a question, click on the "Ask About Vision" button above.

Sugar free or fat free peanut butter [ 6 Answers ]

I love peanutbutter, but I'm trying to lose wieght. Any help will be appreciated.

How can I ge free dna [ 2 Answers ]

Can you get dna done free if your on benefits?:)

View more questions Search