Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    under armour Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2009, 12:01 PM
    2nd mortgage
    I have $50,000 in student loans, another $53,000 in credit card debt. I want to consoildate the two for one low payment. Is 2nd mortgage a good idea?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2009, 02:19 PM

Your student loans are most likely at a lower rate and longer time than a home equity loan would be.

If you have the equity, I would say yes to the credit card debt.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 27, 2009, 03:06 PM

And you want to put your home at risk why?

I would look more at a budget to work on the credit card debts and not put a house at risk unless it was a have to

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mortgage broker vs. Mortgage Lender [ 3 Answers ]

What are the pro's and con's of using either a mortgage broker or going directly to the mortgage lender?

Second Mortgage [ 2 Answers ]

I had a foreclosure in 2007. The bank sold the house and I know about the debt forgiveness on the 1st. I had a second. We moved from the house the day we could no longer make the payment - the house is in Michigan, we now live in Tennessee. The second has been charged off -- I know the lender...

Mortgage payment.Mortgage told me one thing amount and then it was another. [ 1 Answers ]

Okay. I had a mortgage loan modification. Had an agreement with my loan company to make a paymnet of about five thousand dollars.Then I received a letter that instead of the five thousand that covered the months of October and November it was two thousand dollars and one of about two hundred and...

36 hours before I close mortgage company refuses to give mortgage? [ 5 Answers ]

I secured a deal for a home with the owner and got a signed contract a month ago. For sale by owner deal. Secured financing at 95%, with 5 % down. Did financing through a broker, and got a locked in deal with countrywide over 3 weeks ago. All is well, appraised for 100K over what I have...

Can we get a mortgage? [ 4 Answers ]

Here's is the situation. I am a stay at home mother with a credit score in the middle 700's. My husband who is the sole financial provider has no credit, not bad credit, no credit. Would we be able to get a traditional 30yr mortgage?

View more questions Search