Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dogdog3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2006, 05:40 AM
    How to remove a character using Excel function
    Could anyone know if there is any Excel function that I can use to remove a certain character from a text string, e.g.

1). Remove space from "acurve is what"
    2). Remove "-" from "acurve-is-what"
    3). Remove "'" from "acurve'is"
    And so on.

Thanks a lot!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 5, 2006, 05:46 AM
    Have you tried the replace function ?
    It's located in Edit > Replace or Ctrl-H.
    Just specify the character you want to remove and what, if anything, you want to change it to.
    dogdog3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2006, 05:48 AM
    Thanks a lot

But you can replace a space with only a space or other character, not "remove" it... So how can I remove it?

Thanks a lot. I figured out. It works.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 5, 2006, 06:01 AM
    Just leave the Replace with part blank.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Excel count function [ 12 Answers ]

I am trying to count a large group of cells that are colored depending on the data. For example: I want to count the number of red cells which are faults. I tried the countif but not sure how to set the criteria. Thanks for any help.

Need a name for a character [ 12 Answers ]

If anyone can help please help soon! I'm writing a script and I need a character name. She's a young girl around 15/16. Very pretty. She is very passionate and is ignorant of her extreme power. She is witty and full of fire....I was thinking something like Shea, or Kyri but they seemed to plain...

Help naming a character... again [ 4 Answers ]

Isabelle: from 1800’s, known as the towns reader. Always found in the book store, she is oblivious to many things. __________: Main Character: 2005, Known as the new girl even after 2 months of being in school. Witty and not very number smart prefers reading, loves books. She can be goofy at...

Add/Remove Programs doesn't have REMOVE option [ 4 Answers ]

In Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs on Windows XP Home, some of the programs do not have the REMOVE button below them. WHY not? How do I remove programs from the Add or Remove Function, when it displays the program, but when I highlight it, it doesn't give the option to REMOVE it?

View more questions Search