Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    renolivia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2009, 07:23 AM
    Filed With Wrong EIN number
    What can if anything can I do if. My hubby made a mistake with the ein number on his taxes. We efiled and it was accepted. Is there a way to correct that. He does have his w2's
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 27, 2009, 07:42 AM

File an amended return.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wrong Tax form filed by f-1 student. Filed 1040 instead of 1040NR. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am in a dilemma and I will really appreciate your help. I am a student/f-1 visa holder (non-resident alien). Last week I used an online website (File my taxes for FREE! with FreeTaxUSA) to file tax returns and realized that the website used Form 1040, and PA-40 - 2007 (for...

Wrong form filed! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I e-filed my 2007 tax returns, but I filed a wrong form. I filed form 1040 and this is the first year I qualified for EIC (because my income is within the limits w/ a qualifying child). I accidentally filed the form 8862 (EIC after disallowance) and was never disallowed because I never...

1099C Filed under my social security number in error [ 1 Answers ]

I received a notice form the IRS that two 1099C's were filed under my Social Security number for Cancellation of Debt and I now owe the IRS $2000 dollars for not claiming these. I never received the 1099C'S in 2005 and I never held accounts with either of the creditors named on the 1099C forms....

Filed Wrong Tax Form [ 3 Answers ]

Folks, I need some help. Here are quick details: -On F1 status for the past 4 years (Note: Also on F1 as of Dec 31 2006) -I'm working on OPT and earned US income -Also I have made some interest income through ING Savings account I used CINTAX to file my taxes and even on asking about my...

Filed wrong [ 1 Answers ]

I used taxact and filed both mine and my fiance's taxes. I claimed him as a dependent on mine as I was head of household. I forgot to put that he could be claimed as a dependent on someone else's. If I just file mine without him we are going to loose a lot of money that we need. What should I do?...

View more questions Search