vitara Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2009, 07:05 AM
    Asprin and Dogs
    Can a dog take bayer asprin?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 27, 2009, 09:33 AM

I've heard conflicting stories on this.

Some people say it's okay, if used for the right reason i.e. arthritis. Those same people always say you should talk to your vet first and make sure he knows that you're giving your dog aspirin and the dosage you're giving.

Other people say it's very harmful to dogs and should never be given under any circumstance.

You really should talk to your vet about this.

Good luck.
    Mrs Agony Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Jan 27, 2009, 10:14 AM
    Dogs can take aspirin.. but as long as they didn't have surgery.. or any major cuts or things like that... it can make them hemorrage... also make sure the aspirin is a coated one.. and give it with food... I made the mistake of gving mine (under vets supervision) a non coated one without food and the poor guy got sick..

If you are giving it for arthritis or hip dispaysia... look into Remadil.. from your vets.. it is like a treat.. no shoving it down there throat.. just give as a treat.. my vet charged $1.25 a pill and I did see a difference.. I have a 12 yr dog..

Good luck..

Marion

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Are hot dogs safe for dogs [ 7 Answers ]

Are hot dogs safe for me to feed to my dog,or are there any health issues I should be concerned with?

Can a dog take asprin low does for pain [ 2 Answers ]

One of my dogs back leg is giving out, his brother had an operation and for the life of me I can not remember the tendon or Crucial something it's called. Any way, Angus can barley walk tonight and has been lifting his leg in pain. Can I give him low dose of asprin till the vet opens Monday??

Asprin in pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 33 weeks pregnant, and I stupidly have been using Pepto Bismol for a couple days without realizing it has asprin in it. Once I realized it, I stopped using it, but now I'm worried I might have done some damage. Should everything be OK so long as I've stopped using it and so far nothing has...

Dogs and cat [ 7 Answers ]

I just got a 4 month old kitten last night and when I tried to introduce him to my two puppies he would freak out his hair would stand up he'd hiss and scratch me. I even tried when the puppies were in their crates, the dogs didn't bark or anything they just seemed excited. So should I just leave...

Can dogs take asprin [ 1 Answers ]

Our dog seems to be having a little foot pain tonight. We will take her to the vet tomorrow but can we give her an asprin tonight to help her feel better tonight?

View more questions Search