Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jvajr2003 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2009, 06:49 AM
    Panasonic TV 32 inch found in trash
    Found a 32 in. TV model #CT-32D31E and I turn it on. It is making a humming sound and has no picture and will not turn off is it worth it to try to fix it.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2009, 07:28 AM

Hi, jvajr2003!

I've pulled lots of things out of the trash over the years that I've fixed and still have. Many of those things are quite beautiful and very functional!

However, for something that's complicated electronically such as a T.V. if it was already in the trash, then my gut feeling would be to keep it in the trash.

Unless something is beautiful and easily fixable as well as potentially monetarily valuable in the future, and if a working model can be found very easily and perhaps inexpensively, then my inclination would be to keep it in the trash.

But, that's just my opinion...

Hopefully, others will be along to address your question.

Thanks!
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2009, 05:55 AM

Sound like an Electrolytic Capacitor, Replacing may fix.
    I'm a Dumpster Diver also. The Great thing about Electronics, usually there is only 1 problem, and if you know electronics, you can do well.
    One of my best was a Laptop put to the side of the road.
    It had a Green light on power supply and wouldn't boot. Then measured voltage out of power supply, none, cut plug off, had voltage, installed plug and ferrite, Nice Laptop.
    You can get lucky. If nothing else, you WILL learn something.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2009, 06:03 AM

Oh, I'd so much like to find a laptop like that! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

32 inch Panasonic TV won't turn on [ 3 Answers ]

How easy is it to remove the back off a 32 inch Panasonic TV and replace the fuse?Model # CT-32SX12CP

I found stamina-rx in the trash [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 55, and my husband is 54, I found a bottle of Stamina-Rx in the trash, Now I'm VERY sexuality active, But I'm wondering about him, Why would he be taking stamina? Is it cause I don't turn him on any more?

Old cabinet found in trash [ 1 Answers ]

I found this in the trash and I don't know how old it is or anything about it. It's very sturdy... one of the doors is broken though... anyway, I found out yesterday that it has powder post beetles so I am having it fumigated. I just wondered how I would go about painting it but still retaining the...

Panasonic 42 inch plasma TV [ 2 Answers ]

I have a new Panasonic 42inch plasma TV and I am not happy with reception. I had new aerial system, top of range with booster for other room use. The signal breaks up on some channels( crack noise on sound / horizontal bands of picture distortion). Loss sometimes entirely of channels like FILM4....

View more questions Search