Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mrs2b Posts: 57, Reputation: -3

Feb 5, 2009, 01:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HistorianChick View Post
    The financial situation of your in-laws is of no consequence. Tradition states that the bride's family pays.

Is it still of tradition that my mother helps?

She offered because she wants us to have the wedding we deserved 5 years ago.

Its lack of respect I think that his mum cannot even offer to pay for something minial like the wedding cake!

Feb 5, 2009, 01:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HistorianChick View Post
    But your brother shouldn't be paying for YOUR wedding.

Where did I say my borther is paying for MY wedding?
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 5, 2009, 01:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs2b View Post
    For your information starbuck8 - you dont know the circumstances we got married under 5 years ago, which i dont think i should go into detail about. but there we NO reception NO gifts and NO people just my immiadate family and his... It was quite a sad day for me ( for a very good reason) so now feel i am ready to celebrate this with my family and friends - i have all the right NOW to celebrate our love and marriage, where people can enjoy an expensive wedding (which again WE are paying for) and shower us with gifts!

Our small wedding 5 years ago was a sad time for us.. and now i am ready to celebrate
    Again, customs or no customs. I find this to be quite selfish behaviour, and I will stick to my opinion of this. The showering of gifts should not occur 5 years after the fact. It should be a celebration of your love, and nothing more. This is not a wedding. This is a renewal of vows, in which case it isn't the fault of others that you had "NO reception," NO gifts," NO people." This was your choice, NO matter the circumstances. NO one should be obligated to pay except for you. NO one should be expected to bring gifts. NO one should have to abide by your rules, because under whatever circumstances, you "delayed" your "day" for five years. It's just that plain and simple.

Feb 5, 2009, 01:35 AM

If you say so...

And I'm sticking to my opinion... Its NOT a renewal of vows...
    How can it a renewal of vows if there is no VICAR / Priest to do so?

This is a reception that we never had... its like a wedding with no ceremony!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 5, 2009, 01:36 AM

I do, and I did.

Feb 5, 2009, 01:40 AM
    Comment on starbuck8's post
    This is very stubborn and inaccurate in my opinion

Feb 5, 2009, 01:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8 View Post
    I do, and I did.
    Are you married?
    Did you get married by the side of your dying parent?

If no... then I don't think you can tell me who or what in accurate or not! Or what or who is selfish!

Just plain and simply RUDE
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 5, 2009, 01:47 AM

I will no longer entertain your responses.

Feb 5, 2009, 01:48 AM

Great!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 5, 2009, 02:18 AM
    >Thread Closed<
    OP clearly doesn't want helpful advice and is simly being argumentative.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Wedding Plans for court house wedding [ 3 Answers ]

Hi!my name is toya i'm about to get married next month. I only have low income. Of course we are having a court house wedding, but what else can help us out like where to get dress, where to get suite, where to get rings.as well what can we do after wards i plan to have something att my house.so i...

My fiancŽ called off the wedding just the day before the Wedding [ 6 Answers ]

Hi! I dated my Ex-( not used to say that yet) Fiancé for about 3 years. He always had issue with making decisions( any) and commitment( something in his childhood) but he knew clearly that I wanted marriage. When I brought up the topic, he freaked out and we had a lot of arguments over it as I...

Court House Wedding or Back Yard Wedding? [ 18 Answers ]

We are on a limited budget as far as our wedding goes. We want to spend more money on the rings and honeymoon than the wedding. So, we want something intimate and special but small. So these were the two options that we were thinking: 1. A small ceremony in his parent's backyard. There...

Bi-cultural wedding/wedding tips in general [ 2 Answers ]

The couple: taiwanese, vietnamese, born and raised in America (both still very cultured, first generation) Or any other type of bi-cultural wedding. Family that can't fly here? Friends? Alcohol? Bride's family pays? Groom's family attending? Hotel?

Wedding Attire for 5 P.M. Wedding [ 3 Answers ]

What is the appropriate attire for a middle-age women at a 5 pm wedding and a 6 p.m. reception?

View more questions Search