Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    VIOHAN Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2006, 08:59 PM
    Managerial Finance help
    In response to complains about high prices, a grocery chain runs the following advertising campaign: if you pay your child 50 cents to go buy 25 worth of groceries, then your child makes twice as much on the trip as we do” Use this information below to evaluate the grocery chin’s claim. What is the basis for the statement? Is this claim misleading? Why?

Sales 550millio net income5.5milion total assents 140 million total dept 90 million
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 5, 2006, 04:02 AM
    Please don't ask or expect us to do your homework for you. If you want to post your answer for the assignment we may be able to critique it for you. But we aren't going to do your work for you.
    VIOHAN Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2006, 02:48 PM
    Thanks for at least have the time to respond of course I been doing my homework but I am confused on the answer .My answer is that net income over sales give me .01 and divide 50/25 is 2 twice as much as the company do so the statement is not misleading is true . Thank again for the advise.This is the first time I ask a question I am glad to learn how I suppose to ask to get help.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 6, 2006, 07:25 PM
    Well as you point out, net income is 1% of sales. But part of your question is unclear. It's the child being paid $.50 to purchase $.25 of groceries or $25 of groceries. If its $25, then the child has made 2% of the amount of sales. I think you can do the math from there. Homework questions are given for you to do the work to show how much you have learned. We won't do that work for you, so you need to show you have at least attempted to do it.

As for asking questions here... It depends on the question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Managerial Finance [ 1 Answers ]

Beacon, Inc has a profit margin of 14 percent, capital intensity ratio of 0.74, and ROE of 24.38 percent. What is the firm's debt-equity ratio? If anyone could tell me how to do this problem, and not just the answer, that would be great

Managerial Finance [ 6 Answers ]

What is the difference between shareholder wealth maximization and profit maximization? Can a company achieve both at the same time? Can a company still be successful in the long term with one and not the other? Do you know of any companies that use both?

View more questions Search