Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shawnlaxman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2009, 10:06 PM
    How to trace the call
    How to trace the call. Iwant full details in that topic replay me as correct and complete answer
    JJCH Posts: 122, Reputation: 7

Jan 26, 2009, 10:46 PM

I worked for a telecom company... Need more details to give an accurate answer... What phone company? Are these private calls? Or unknown name/ number calls? Usually after the offending phone call you can dial *53 and send the call and it will log a trace with your phone company, but you can't legally find out who the number belongs to and the phone company won't tell you. This feature is used to trace the call, create a record and then you contact local law enforcement and file a police report. They then contact the phone company with a court order and retrieve the information, they can then press charges... be forewarned, if you are getting crank calls the police and phone company most likely will just tell you to change your phone number.

Private calls: Are calls where the caller specifically dialed *67 before the call, or they have their phone set to be private on all outgoing calls

Unknown name/ number calls: Are classifed into 2 main catagories; 1) It is caused by an error in the originating callers caller ID system. 2) A trunk line phone system where an extension is calling you (like a telemarketer, bill collector, sales guy, etc.)

The only way to stop unknown name/number calls is to be on the do not call list... www.donotcall.gov
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

Jun 20, 2009, 07:32 PM

I would suggest going to whocalledus.com to see if you can find out something about the number. It is likely that if you received a call from a certain number, someone else has also. These days there are a lot of ways to make sure that you don't find out who is calling you. Many agencies, legal and illegal have set up call rooms in other countries and are using services like Sykpe to mask their origin. Some of these countries, like Somalia and Peru, are too poor to investigate these matters and the thugs who do this stuff know it.

In case you haven't heard, Skype is a service that allows you to make phone calls from one computer to another or from a computer to a phone. If someone uses this service to call you, the caller ID will not give a real number for the caller because the caller is calling from a computer, not from a phone with a real phone number. Crooks love it!!

I got a call from 000-012-3456, and found it is was a call from my son who is in the Army in Iraq. When I checked this number on whocalledus.com, I found out that this is a Skype number that is being used by legitimate as well as illegitimate persons.

If you are being harassed by a constant caller, there should be a legal remedy either with the FCC or the appropriate state agency. While the Do Not Call List may be a great thing, it is often ignored by these persons who are making calls from other countries where they know they will not get legal sanctions for their actions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to trace back a private call. [ 3 Answers ]

The title says it all.

Trace VoIP call [ 4 Answers ]

I have shaw cable phone this woman my ex dated and broke up with keeps calling from a private name and number and making threats I know its supposed to be reported to the police but I want her number so I can locate her address so he doesn't have to deal with this anymore he has enough stress so...

How can trace a private call or unblock it? [ 7 Answers ]

I been receiving phone calls from a private phone # in my celular and I want to know who's number is it. How can I do that, I mean set up my cell phone setting to unblock the private number?

How to trace a private number call? [ 10 Answers ]

Does anyone know if there's a device or whatever that can be placed on a telephone line that will "unblock" a PRIVATE CALLER id on the caller id? I've been getting phone calls where they sit and listen and say nothing. I have a feeling I know who it is, but I have no proof. My home phone is...

Trace private call [ 4 Answers ]

I keep getting death threats, I think from an estranged family member. The calls are to my cell phone and from private. How can I find out who it is or stop it?

View more questions Search