Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiskirk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2009, 09:51 PM
    Can't connect
    I have a D Link router and I haven't had my laptop for some time and I just bought a new one and my problem is I didn't write down my pass key to get connected , what can I do
    sixeyeco Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2009, 11:20 PM

Easiest thing to do is reset everything to factory defaults. This will wipe out all of your router settings and remove the security password required to access the internet. But once you've done that you can go into admin mode and set it up again.

That being said, the reset button is typically on the back of the unit. Look for a small hole, possibly with a red center. Gently push the end of a paper clip into the hole until you hear a soft click. Gently hold the button depressed for about 10 seconds.

You may have to cycle your modem first, wait until all lights are doing what they should, then fire up the router. You should see a wireless network with a great signal strength. That would be you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IE 7 won't connect [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I just re-installed ie7 for the 5th time and no connection. Mean while Firefox and avant have no problem. Now I can't uninstall it from the control panel. Win xp s.p3. Thank you

How to Connect [ 7 Answers ]

How do I connect a JVC VCR/DVD to a Sharp LCD TV. I will be using an S-Video Cable.:)

Won't connect [ 3 Answers ]

I have a HP Pavilion dv9000 (laptop) and a Toshiba Sattilite A310 (laptop), and the HP works on the internet fine, but when I connect the Toshiba, it dosen't work. I am using the right port, but it won't let me go online. Is there any way to fix this?? :confused:

How to connect [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dish I need to hook up TV, vcr and a dvd, have no idea how to do it.. the vcr is a coax cable? Can someone please help Tee:confused:

Not Being Able To Connect [ 1 Answers ]

Facing prob when I'm trying to connect web through mobile phone . Prob is a fax modem already there in the laptop. So when trying with datacable its showing error messege "this modem is used by another usser" Please make the solution fast. That I can logon through the mobile phone Thanks

View more questions Search