Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    part1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2009, 08:49 PM
    Manufacturing an Idea
    I have an idea for something and I'm not sure about the legal aspects as far as patents go.

Example: I want to manufacture a particular kitchen appliance/cooking aid. There are types of this item out there already, but can I manufacture my design of this and sell it legally?

For instance sofas have been around for a long time and there are a lot of sofa companies, does every new company that has a line of sofas have to get permission or buy the right to manufacture their sofa product from the person or company that has a patent on the sofa?

I'm not looking to steel anyone's idea, just manufacture and sell my version of a product; is this feasible?
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2009, 11:42 PM

part1 Some patents are public patents and the rest are not. I once went through a patent back in 1979 re lining chimneys with out tearing them down. Hears what the blow away. My patent was even compared to a way of drilling oil wells in some application and language. I hired a patent attorney to go the patent office to do the research. It's a crazy world. Its worse than the reg legal system in wording drawings etc. if you get on the pile to be approved. (This is where the words ( Patented Pending cone from. The patened office will NEVER keep up. Most of a gantruree of a patent is out selling the completion and making big money and the poor little guy can't afford to fight the panted infringement has no money. Plus it takes YEARS to get it ti court if you are small potatoes. But then the new quick product may have taken there profit form the company they made of the product and closed shop or filed bankruptcy and took there profit in bonus and salaries and left no money in the company to be taken by a court win on a patterned product. The coolest paten was years when they came out with Apple computers A fella patterned the pharse APPLE II and new it would block the apple II new computer. So you see it really gets to be a game.
    Sit down with a good patent attorney. Buy the way make notes on your product and have someone else sign it and even got to a magistrates office to get it stamped. If a patten infringement ever come to a head. That Note book proves the Idea date and the conceptional design and date.
    There are basic pattens that you can do and file too. There are books you can get to show you.

Signed 21 Boat

If I Helped To Answer Your Question Please Rate My Answer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rerouting pipes in 12 unit condo building? Good idea or bad idea [ 2 Answers ]

Is it a good idea to reroute pipes for a 12 unit building rather then take the chance of digging up concrete parking lot and plumber not finding where break in clay pipe is? If there is a break in the pipe at all how can you put a liner in if you can't see?? I personally think the plumber is lying...

I need a romantic Idea, anyone with an Idea? [ 6 Answers ]

If you haven’t figured it out I am a gay man. I been having problems with my lover and was just wondering does anyone have any ideas about romantic gifts that I can give him. I was thinking a rose or something like that. Just something to say how much I love him and that he is my whole world. Just...

View more questions Search