Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    new1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2006, 04:54 PM
    Prenatal Care
    Do I really need to take prenatal pills during my pregnancy?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 4, 2006, 05:01 PM
    Yes, you really need to take prenatal vitamins during your pregnancy to insure a healthy baby.

These provide viatmins to you and your baby that you may be lacking in your diet.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Aug 4, 2006, 10:07 PM
    If you are lacking in some vits your baby could end up with neral tube defects amongst other very serious birth defects. It is very important to take a prenatal vit every day. I plan on taking mine for at least six months to a year after my twins are born. It will help me keep up with them and help me to have the vits I need after giving birth.
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Aug 4, 2006, 11:12 PM
    Yes it is. I agree with both of the answers you have gotten. It is important to take them before pregnancy and after birth as well. However, it is especially important to do so during pregnancy.

PS. For women that have missed taking them, I wouldn't spend any time worrying about it.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2006, 02:24 AM
    Yes, prenatel vitamans are very necessary. Even if you have a real healthy diet, you could still be lacking certain vitamins which this prenatel would make sure this does not happen. Depending on your situation and your health or even certain conditions or medications. Some doctors prescribe folic acid pills as well as the prenatal. My wife is taking the prenatel and 5 mg of folic acid which is shown to prevent spina bifida, and other conditions. Like the above answer if you missed a dose do not worry about it. It is very important to start taking these vitamins even before becoming pregnant.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2006, 09:22 PM
    Speak with your doctor and find out what (s)he recommends.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Um.. I just don't know what to do.. Care to help? [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, I broke it off with my boyfriend of 3 months because I was listening to everyone else telling me that he didn't treat me right and that he was always cheating on me. I heard that stuff from girls completely obsessed with him, and my mom told me to break it off and then my best friend, who used...

Prenatal vitamin [ 2 Answers ]

In two weeks, my pregnant wife has her first doctor appointment. In the meantime, can anyone recommend a good over-the-counter prenatal vitamin with a sufficient amount of folic acid, iron, vitamin B6, etc. Thanks.

Um.. I just don't know what to do.. Care to help? [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, I broke it off with my boyfriend of 3 months because I was listening to everyone else telling me that he didn't treat me right and that he was always cheating on me. I heard that stuff from girls completely obsessed with him, and my mom told me to break it off and then my best friend, who used...

Why does she care? [ 4 Answers ]

Im 20 years old, but anyway I was wondering why do girls care about what size there clothes are? I mean I could understand for some but I've been going out with this girl for awhile and I would like to buy her clothes as a gift. But she won't tell me her jean size or anything, I got to look at her...

Nursing care plan (prenatal) [ 2 Answers ]

Hello: I was assigned to do a nursing care plan on a patient (I am a student nurse) who would like to take a regular vitamin rather than a vitamin that includes folic acid. I have 2 care plan books & none seem to have any supporting evidence of any good nursing diagnoses or plans of care in this...

View more questions Search