Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rihonna020607 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2009, 03:42 PM
    Bleeding for long period on mirena
    Hi Everyone
    I had gotten a mirena put in last January and Its been a year and I've been bleeding heavy for 2-3 weeks every month just up to about 1 month ago I've been having bad pains in my stomach is this something I should worry about if you can reply to EMAIL REMOVED FOR PRIVACY please and thank you
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 26, 2009, 03:48 PM
    It may just be that the Mirena is not for you. Have you discussed this with your doctor? If not, this should be where you should turn.

Jan 26, 2009, 03:59 PM
    My doctor says its fine but my bleeding is so heavy and 2-3 out of a month and I just started to get bad pains in my stomach what's the chances of getting pregnant on a mirena out of 100% and no condoms
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 26, 2009, 04:08 PM
    The mirena is supposed to make the uterus unfavorable for implantation. That said, it is not 100% effective, nor is any other form of birth control. It's still possible to get pregnant.

However, the mirena does have hormones in it. You may be having a reaction to the hormones, thus making the mirena not right for you. You may need to consider alternatives.

Jan 26, 2009, 04:28 PM
    You I guess you could be right I have been thinking about just going on the pill and take this out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding for a very long time! [ 7 Answers ]

I am 34 years old. I always have my period on the 28th (give or take a day). I had my cycle as usual in November, right on the 28th. It lasted about 3 days, like always. The only thing that was different was how painful my breasts were. I usually have some sort of soreness, but this time it was...

Girlfriend cheating with other girls, over a long period. [ 6 Answers ]

Hey there guys and girls. Just registered on this forum, I really need some advice on this subject I have here. My girlfriend and I are fairly young (16), and have been in a strong relationship now over approximately 9 months. Everything has been going well, until a drunken night came along and...

Still bleeding with insertion of mirena on 21/11 [ 2 Answers ]

Hello... Please can you gicve me advise... I had a mirena inserted on the 21/11 and bleed the first day then no bleeding occurred again until the 8/12 to which my bleeding was heavy. However I am still bleeding, in fact it is mainly surface blood but is very frustrating as I still have to wear a...

Can you get a period and implantation bleeding at the same time? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I was wondering if its possible to get a short period that only lasted a day followed by a day of brown spotting. Is this possible for a pregnancy? Please write much much appreciated thanks x

View more questions Search