Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mammaof04 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2009, 02:19 PM
    Custody of Nephew
    My nephew, Tim, is 23 years old and found out he had a son, James, who is now 1 year of age. Here is the story of James... He was abused by his mother and her boyfriend when he was 5 months old. This abuse went on for two months. James was taken to Children's Hospital with severe burns to his throat and lips. His mothers boyfriend had beaten and had force fed boiling formula to James. For two months this baby was abused. Well the mom was just sent to prison last week and the boyfriend is awaiting trial. In October, my nephew Tim was awarded custody. Well last week Tim was arrested for grabbing the baby up and smacking his head on the wall. I called the police and Tim was arrested. I now have the baby with me. CPS has custody of James but he is residing with me for now. My husband and I want to file for full custody of James. James wakes up in the middle of the night screaming. It takes about an hour to calm him down. James is now starting to relax throughout the day, but he still has his moments, we just keep reassuring him that it will be OK. My question is, can we could get custody? Do we have to file through CPS?
    starfirefly Posts: 397, Reputation: 33

Jan 26, 2009, 02:22 PM

You can go for custody and by the sounds of this I hope you get it, you first need to talk to the program that has custody and file through there, you will have to go to court than and fight for it, but as you are family it you have clean backgrounds you should have no problem, but still this can take a few years to finish going through

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to get custody of my nephew [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend and myself are thinking about getting custody of our 3month old nephew, and I'm not sure how to get the ball rolling. My boyfriends younger brother and his 17yr old girlfriend just had a baby, which neither of them were really ready for. The girl and the baby are living at her drug...

Custody of Nephew [ 1 Answers ]

I am 25, my boyfriend is 29, we live together in a large 3 bedroom house in the country. He works for a farmer and mowes cemetery. I work for a lumber yard designing kitchen, I have been there for 1 year, also work for the park district and a café during lunch hour. I have a great car, health...

Custody of my little nephew [ 1 Answers ]

My nephew's girlfriend gave birth on Friday and dyfs took the baby because they found weed in the baby's blood and now I want to help by getting custody. How can I go about that.

Custody of my nephew [ 5 Answers ]

My nephew and my sister in-law live with my husband and I and she is very neglectful with a record. His father also neglects him also with a record. Both currently are abusing drugs and alcohol. How do I file for custody and not have him put in foster care until the dust settles? Both parents...

Custody of my nephew [ 2 Answers ]

I am wanting to have guardianship of my nephew who is being negleted. How do I go about it legally? What are some of my obstacles? Please give me some help.

View more questions Search