Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babyboy24u Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2009, 12:04 PM
    What are the rules according law about probation?
    This is a question that concerns probation. Primarily, I want to know who or what agency sets the rules and guidelines for probation. If a person isn't given jail time in lieu of probation. What is the rules of determining of probation. Do you have to report every week to a probation officer if you haven't never been in jail?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2009, 05:36 PM

Generally probationers report once a month to their PO. It is basically irrelevant who sets the rules and guidelines for probation as they are set by each state. A lot of the probation rules are basically the same though.

Why are you asking this? Are you hoping somehow to have some "special" dispensations accorded to you while you are on probation? Sorry, won't happen.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2009, 06:22 AM
    Hello boy:

The probation rules aren't different for people who HAVE been in jail and for those who HAVEN'T been. Who sets them?? The head of the probation department.

What you HAVE to do, is follow the rules THEY set, even though those rules might be silly... WHY do you have to do that?? Because they have really BIG guns.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2009, 04:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello boy:

The probation rules aren't different for people who HAVE been in jail and for those who HAVEN'T been. Who sets them??? The head of the probation department.

What you HAVE to do, is follow the rules THEY set, even though those rules might be silly... WHY do you have to do that???? Because they have really BIG guns.

excon
    Yes, and they don't really care one iota about what the little person on probation has to say about the rules if they like them or if they are fair.

The person just has to follow them to a T or sit for awhile in jail and think it over.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation rules and regs [ 2 Answers ]

I am on probation - standard and at the lowest level possible. I want to know if I can get married to my fiancé who is NOT on probation without getting into trouble. I live in Arizona and he lives in Nebraska, where I will be getting an interstate compact to live. Do I have to get permission...

Breaking the rules of Probation [ 3 Answers ]

What would happen if you put in for the transefer, but leave before it clears?

Do probation rules change per state? [ 2 Answers ]

]My husband is soon to be released from prison in Oregon and we want to relocate to another state. I am assuming that the terms of probation for any given offense vary from state to state. How do I find what the terms are? Would the rules set forth in OR follow to everywhere else?

Probation Rules [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering,my boyfriend is on probation and staying at a friends of his house.Does his probation officer have the right to come to my home at any given time and search it? He has broken probation three times all ready and I was wondering if on the fourth time that they will revoke it...

View more questions Search