Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vq3598 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2009, 09:12 PM
    Ipod Touch Cannot link to Home Wifi
    My iPod Touch will connect to some wifi but not to my home Wifi. I have a locked router and added my WEP key but can not connect. How can I correct this?

Thank you
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Jan 26, 2009, 07:50 AM

Are you sure you have the WEP key entered in your touch correctly?

If you can connect to otheres, we know the wifi is working on it...

Try removing the security on you router, then testing... make sure you can connect
    Also make sure you don't also have "card" access turned on. This restricts access to your router to only items that are approved. (Meaning the MAC address has to be set in the router)

I uses card access because its faster than WEP and works well enough
    InternalFire Posts: 100, Reputation: 2

Jan 11, 2013, 02:19 PM
    Yeah prefixing it with $ let's the airport configuration thingy know that the number is actually a hexadecimal number - you can change this somewhere in the airport configuration also - so you don't have to type

Try putting $before wep key
    InternalFire Posts: 100, Reputation: 2

Jan 11, 2013, 02:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by InternalFire View Post
    Yeah prefixing it with $ let's the airport configuration thingy know that the number is actually a hexadecimal number - you can change this somewhere in the airport configuration also - so you don't have to type

try putting $before wep key
    let me know if it works

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IPod Touch/PSP [ 2 Answers ]

Do you have to be in a wifi hotspot to use the internet on these two devices? :confused: :confused: :confused:

IPod free wifi everywhere [ 1 Answers ]

I have an iPod touch and I want to get the T-zones plans for 5.99 but I don't want to pay that So I was wondering if anyone knew a way to hack into it or something So I can get it free. Also is there a way to hook into a cell phones wifi like verizon or a plan like that and use there free wifi...

How is the Ipod Touch? [ 5 Answers ]

Is the Ipod touch worth its money? Is it so touch sensitive that if its in my pocket will it start clickign things on its on? Does it have a hold button? Any bugs with it? Tell me how it is!

View more questions Search